Total Child School is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Additional Needs Teacher
Location: Ikoyi / Ajah, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
We are recruiting to fill the position of an experienced Additional Needs Teacher. It is the primary responsibility of the Additional Needs Teacher to:
- Provide class/subject teachers with a follow up on the pupil’s progress in the Learning support programme
- Find out the level of pupil’s progress from both class and subject teachers; and also the nature/severity of the pupil’s difficulty as perceived by the class/subject teachers
- Carry out research on the nature of difficulty of each pupil. He/she is expected to be vast and highly knowledgeable in this field
- Design a programme that will suit the needs and abilities of the pupils
- Keep accurate, well organized and confidential records of each pupil undertaking his/her programme
- Make records available for official purposes
- Carry out skills assessment/academic achievement tests on all pupils in the Learning Support Programme
- Discuss individual goals with pupils
- Prepare teaching materials and use a range of resources including worksheets and other computer resources
- Guide and support class/subject teachers and class assistants working with the pupils
- Notify the school management of the need to refer the child’s case to a specialist
- Notify the school management of the need to invite parents for a chat
- Carry out assessment on new pupils to determine whether they have a learning difficulty or not
- Keep the school management and parents adequately informed
- Deliver individual and group teaching sessions to staff or parents as the need arises
- Possess requisite Educational qualification – B.Sc+ NCE / B.Sc (Ed) / B.Ed / PGDE / PDE / M.Ed in Special Education/Learning Disabilities or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to get on well with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Creativity to devise interesting, meaningful and appropriate learning activities
- Passion, enthusiasm and understanding
N130,000 – N160,000 monthly.
Deadline: 18th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Applicant must be able to access Ikoyi and Ajah / Awoyaya.