A leading E-Commerce, Retail, and Distribution Company in the ICT industry with a team of highly creative individuals is seeking to employ an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory / Procurement Lead
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As the Procurement Lead, you will be responsible for sourcing ICT & Lifestyle goods and services and managing vendors.
- The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop,lead and execute procurement strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost-effective procuring process for the business.
- Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business.
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain the best price and service.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and bench-marking
- Assess,manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and procurement evaluation for the business.
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain the security of supply and optimum value for money.
- Analyze market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Provide periodic reporting for Management on purchasing, controls, and processes.
- Develop supplier database and establish annual purchasing contracts for a lower value, high-value items
- Develop workflow process in line with ERP software system.
- Ensure principles of value for money, transparency, fairness, efficiency, and accountability are evident in all dealings.
- Advise Management on the improved procurement process, management of company assets, and replacement strategies.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- 5-7 years’ work-related experience and a solid experience in Procurement and Inventory Management.
Skills & Expertise:
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with a business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Working experience with ERP software
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement with the ability to make good decisions
- Strong leadership capabilities
Deadline: 4th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.