AB Microfinance Bank is a national microfinance bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), with its head office in Lagos and branches spread across Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo and Anambra State.
AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria is committed to its passion of helping to improve the business opportunities of entrepreneurs by availing them of easy access to affordable loans, as well as improve the general financial status of everyone with its deposit accounts. It is a limited liability company duly incorporated in Nigeria under the 2002 Companies and Allied Matters Act, and is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria as a fully fledged microfinance bank.
The Bank has an exceptional group of very strong international shareholders committed to the task of improving access to financial services in the country. These shareholders are Access Microfinance Holding AG of Germany, KfW – the German Development Bank, the African Development Bank, and the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group. Together, they have an established record of setting up and managing microfinance banks across the African and Asian continents in such countries as Nigeria, Tanzania, Liberia, Zambia, Rwanda, Madagascar, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan,Georgia and Brazil.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Quality Assurance Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure the updates and implementation of the quality assurance guidelines
- Scheduling testing activities and Providing budget forecasts
- Automate the testing processes and ensure continuous improvement over time
- Providing feedback to the development team
- Conducting risk assessments in the testing phase
- Perform continuous testing and upgrades when required
- Liaising with suppliers, teams and team leaders when needed
- Prepare and maintain the testing plan according to the quality assurance guidelines
- Ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritized to
- reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders
- Be a key player in the solution delivery lifecycle process
- Creating and implementing new test strategies
- Take part in the first line support in the post-go-live phase
- Deliver training sessions when applicable (prepare materials).
- Maintain and develop deep knowledge of products, parameters and processes of
- CBS and applications
- Document software, features and processes when required
- Provide information about the products and processes in the bank.
Necessary experience and knowledge
- Minimum B.Sc. / HND in Computer Science, Economics or related discipline with cognate experience
- At least four years’ hands-on relevant professional experience in a similar role
- A strong understanding of testing principles, methodologies and tools used in Waterfall, Agile and V-model methodologies
- Proven track record in Testing Management experience working in an Agile/scrum context.
- Good knowledge of business processes and/or Accounting
- Excellent grasp of test metrics, release process and test environment principles
- Understanding of common software failures and faults
- Manual and Automated Testing
- Planning and prioritizing projects
- Fluent English, both in writing and orally
- ISEB and/or ISTQB certification is an asset.
- Prior working experience with a Core Banking System (CBS) or a software package
- Awareness of configuration management and change control processes is an asset
Deadline: 29th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV as an attachment to: email@example.com Please ensure that you indicate the Job Title as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Failure to comply would disqualify your application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.