Helen Keller International (HKI) – Founded in 1915, Helen Keller International is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. We currently have more than 180 programs in 21 African and Asian countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Locations: Abuja and Akwa Ibom ,
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports State Team Leads (with Dotted line reporting to Finance Coordinator)
- The Finance and Admin Officer’s (FAO) job is to ensure smooth and accurate flow of financial and operational information.
- The FAO ensures effective implementation of project activities in the field location within the context of financial, contractual and operating systems.
- He/ she also manages the budget for the state field office/project, develops and implements Helen Keller financial policies and procedures, ensure compliance and works collaboratively with other Finance and projects technical staff to facilitate projects.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- Review activity requests and prepare bank vouchers for payments
- Track cash flow and compile retirement receipts and review
- Maintain rigorous operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the Abuja office to assure smooth operations.
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Process supplier invoices
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into Helen Keller Quick books
- Maintain financial files and records
- Maintain the assets register
- Enter payments and retirements into financial accounting software on daily basis using Quick-Book
- Reconcile all bank account monthly against bank statement and submit to Finance Coordinator for review
- Manages petty cash reconciliation
- Preparation of office running budget
- Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations.
- Assist with month end reporting package
- University Degree in Business Management or accounting. Postgraduate degree in related field and possession of professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA preferred.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Ability to use accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets
- Understand the principles of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance
- Minimum of 4 years’ management experience
- Experience with USAID/DFID funded project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a cover letter as ONE MS Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position title as the subject of the email. You will receive an auto response confirming your application.
- Helen Keller does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, test, interview meeting, processing, or training), does not ask for information on applicants’ bank accounts and does not recruit through any recruitment agency.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us
Application Deadline 5pm; 5th March, 2021.