Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Spray Painter
- Spray painters are responsible for spraying machines, products, and work areas with decorative or protective paint using a spray gun. Spray painters prepare all surfaces before spraying, select and mix the coating liquids, and expertly spray each layer to ensure an even coating.
- Meeting with clients and work managers to discuss design and colour choices.
- Responsible for preparing parts and assemblies for painting.
- Mix paint and other materials according to specification or formula.
- Follow company requirements to select paint, and match colours of paint following specified colour charts.
- Removing rust and other loose materials using acid or a wire brush.
- Filling, sanding, and smoothing surfaces that need to be sprayed.
- Applying masking tape and coverings over areas that are not being sprayed.
- Selecting and mixing the required coating liquids.
- Selecting and attaching the correct spray nozzle to create the desired spray pattern.
- Spraying machines, products, and wall areas using industry techniques.
- Spraying designs using stencils, if required.
- Cleaning spray cans, nozzles, and other spraying equipment after each spray job.
- Inspecting and assessing spray coatings after the paint has dried.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certification in Trade test
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ in relevant experience
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Experience working as a spray painter.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- In-depth knowledge of paint mixing and spraying techniques.
- Ability to see subtle colour differences.
- Experience with breathing masks and protective clothing.
- Ability to work with acid and harsh chemicals.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
- The duties of quality control officers, are to read blueprints and specifications of the products they are creating.
- Quality control officer are responsible for testing materials and finished products to ensure they conform to all applicable laws and company standards.
- Quality control officer test products across the three stages of production (before, in-process, and final) to ensure quality levels are met.
- They need to be intimately familiar with the production process from start to finish.
- They should also be aware of each person’s role in the production process and what each machine does.
- Quality control officers monitor operations to be sure that they meet the quality assurance standards that have been set.
- They recommend adjustments to the process to ensure the same level of quality is maintained.
- As products are produced, quality control technicians inspect, measure, and otherwise evaluate them to be sure they are of adequate quality.
- Quality control technicians are also tasked with accepting or rejecting finished items at the end of the production process. Any items that do not meet specifications are removed from the output so that they not sent to customers.
- They examined further to aid in determining what can be done better the next time.
- Quality control technicians are also responsible for reporting on their findings and for keeping careful logs of what they observe.
- Gaining an understanding of the client’s needs and requirements and communicating them and the quality standards to the production teams.
- Devising, improving, and reviewing new specifications and procedures for products or processes, and training staff to use them.
- Setting the requirements for raw materials from suppliers and monitoring their compliance.
- Ensuring legal obligations are followed and ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies and with health and safety guidelines.
- Keeping accurate documentation and performing statistical analysis.
- B.Eng in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Good knowledge of Heavy duty Diesel/Gas
- Good knowledge of Generator parts and Engines.
- Solid understanding of test equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret information.
Deadline: 3PM: 8th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the deadline will be automatically rejected.