Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Human Resources
Location: Abuja -Kaduna Expressway, Abuja
Job Type: Full Time
- Our client requires a HR General Manager to manage a multi billion naira Iron ore mining project located in Gujeni, Kaduna state, 19 km from Abuja. The mining plant situate on 500 hectares of land with an expected workforce of 1,200 workers made up of Nigerians and 300 expatriates. The plant is under construction and the first phase is about to be completed and will take off by June 2021.
- The General Manager, Human Resources will be responsible for front-line Human Resource leadership.
- This position is responsible for the development and execution of HR programs and strategies across a full spectrum of Human Resources services to support the company’s operations and business initiatives.
- It also requires you to act as a change agent while driving organizational effectiveness through talent acquisition, training, leadership development, employee engagement, workplace safety, diversity and inclusion, labor relations and compliance.
Strategic Business Partnership:
- Identify, create and implement innovative human capital solutions that enhance business performance.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Work with other departmental heads to create a staffing plan based on business growth, workforce planning, analytics, and diversity objectives.
- Acquire top talent through improved selection tools and criteria, and local outreach efforts.
- Develop a solid internal mentorship program.
- Lead and direct the Human Resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business.
- Drive talent review and succession planning processes using a consultative approach that ensures a strong talent bench.
- Work with other management team members to create and ensure the successful completion of individual development plans.
- Provide managers with the tools and training to optimize their performance.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement:
- Champion the shaping and sustaining of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Consult with the company leadership to develop plans to promote an inclusive environment that is engaging, enabling and energizing, and one where workers can thrive.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
Government, Employee and Labour Relations:
- Develop and sustain a workplace that mirrors the company’s business Employee Value Proposition
- Lead investigations, prepare summaries and make recommendations with a sense of urgency, ensuring comprehensive resolutions
- In-charge of all establishments governmental and labour unions dealings such as visas, work permits, labour permissions etc.
- In-charge of CBA negotiations.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records as per the ISO requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Develop, communicate, interpret, and consistently apply company policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct
- Ensure compliance with all Human Resource processes.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- B.A / B.Sc / MSc Degree in Business / HR /Organizational Development or equivalent.
- CIPM and other human resources related Certification(s) preferred.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- The HR General Manager is a senior management position and must have a minimum of 15 years progressive Human Resources experience (out of which 8 years must be in a senior HR position) in a mining, exploration, construction or manufacturing industry with a broad understanding of core HR processes, specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and labour relations.
- Building a Strong synergy between Nigerians and expatriates will be an outstanding advantage.
- Must be a confident communicator, (including written, and verbal skills) and able to effectively champion ideas, influence, and present to leadership team
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities, diverse audiences and challenging environments.
- Knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues.
- Consolidated pay of N800,000 to N1,200,000 per month with a company-provided accommodation, car and driver.
- Other benefits include Medical for staff and family, life insurance, contributory pension etc.
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.