Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position beloe:
Job Title: HR / Finance Assistant
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
- This position will support the Senior Accounting Manager and the Accountant in day-to-day accounting and administrative functions. The HR / Finance Assistant is responsible for review of staff timesheets and updating of the labour tracker for payroll purposes.
- He / she will be expected to coordinate closely with all staff as well as the finance and accounting teams.
- The HR / Finance Assistant will support the Senior Accounting Manager and the Accountant in day-to-day accounting and administrative functions. This includes reviewing staff timesheets and updating the labour tracker for the S2S Activity on Monthly basis.
- Assist with the reconciliation of petty cash transactions on monthly basis.
- Assist with the review of travel advances and travel expense reports based on S2S’s travel advance policy.
- Review and monitor outstanding advance reporting, especially those that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
- Maintain a tracker of staff accrued annual leave, medical leave, and other leave records. Review leave requests and update with the leave balance for the supervisor’s approval.
- Assist with uploading of payment on the online banking platform and perform monthly bank reconciliations and routine monitoring of bank account balances.
- Assist accounting staff with reviews of backup documentation using the finance checklists to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of information inputs for any financial reporting requirements, or internal reports as necessary.
- Assist to ensure reception coverage during business hours. Maintain efficient filing system. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- The HR / Finance Assistant will report to the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or other relevant field.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of budgeting and procuring goods.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Accuracy in with large amounts of data.
Deadline: Friday 2nd April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com before the close of work. Please list the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Note: Women, people with disabilities and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.