INERELA+ Nigeria is Nigeria’s affiliate of the International Network of Religious Leaders Living with or Personally Affected by HIV/AIDS (INERELA+) with headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa.
As an interfaith Network, our organization leverages on the faith platform to address major issues around health, governance, livelihood, Stigma reduction, gender and human right, research and mental health. NINERELA+ equips communities, through right based approach, to promote issues that enable human dignity, wellbeing and equality / equity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern (NYSC)
Employment Type: Nysc
- INERELA+ Nigeria is looking for a digital communications savvy intern (NYSC) to join our team. We are looking for someone passionate about media and communication and committed to working in development sector / NGO setting, particularly around health and social justice.
- The intern will work closely with other staff to produce and disseminate digital communications, in particular communicating INERELA+ Nigeria’s strategies, advocacies, success stories, best practices and campaigns. Also, he / she will contribute in our advocacy efforts to protect people’s rights to speak out, create demand for services and mobilize communities to take action on issues that are related to our program focus.
- The intern will produce multi-media content for website and social media (graphics, videos, infographics, etc); draft written content; support media outreach; and conduct opinion polls.
Qualifications and experience
- Currently serving in the NYSC program in Abuja
- Experience in digital communications or social media required;
- Experience in photo and video editing, and creating and managing content for the web and different media platforms desirable;
- Familiar with international development/relations desirable;\
- With degree in Journalism, Communications, Digital / Social Media, Marketing, International Relations, International Development or other similar subject preferred.
- Excellent command of English
Required soft skills / Competencies:
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Proficiency in Adobe creative tools and MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Team spirit, adaptability and interpersonal skills; able to work independently and prepared to take on responsibility; and eager to learn about development sector.
- Knowledge of Google analytics, web and content management.
- Ability to use content production software – Adobe, PictoChart, Canva, Video editing software
- Experience with media management and monitoring software.
- Ability to use social media and social media content scheduling tools
Deadline: 17th March, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org All documents should be in MS Word or PDF format.
- The subject should be the applicant’s name and the position applying for in bracket. Eg, Emeka Usman Adebola (Digital Communication Intern)
- All documents (CV and cover letters) should be in a single MS Word or PDF format.
- All applications must be sent via e-mail. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.