KOKO TV Nigeria is a Digital Fashion, Style and Entertainment platform. KOKO Media is home to brands including KOKO News, Brides Nigeria and the KOKO Magazine.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Executive
- We are looking for a passionate and creative Social Media Executive to join our team.
- As a Social Media Executive, you’ll be responsible for managing and delivering all social media and marketing activities across all of our social media platforms and software tools.
- In this highly visible role, a successful hire will “own” the social media department and will be directly accountable for its success. You will be working closely with our Content, Business Development and Sales department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and managing the social media marketing strategy; focusing on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Linkedin.
- Overseeing the execution of all social media activities (i.e. tweeting, sharing, engaging, liking, increasing social reach, doing the heavy lifting, etc).
- Measure the success of every social media campaign.
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Use social media marketing tools such as Buffer, Canva etc.
- Work and collaborate with the different teams to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Monitor user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
Requirements of the Job
- Graduated with a degree with focus on Marketing, Journalism, from a reputable university.
- 3+ Years of Social Media Marketing experience in a corporate marketing or agency marketing role.
- 4+ Years of Social Media Marketing experience on all major social media platforms -Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube.
- Verifiable examples of social media marketing successes and wins.
- Exceptional business writing skills and can visualize as well as convey a message into relevant and interesting content.
- Expert level skills in using and navigating social media networks’ native web apps, 3rd party social media tools, and “the internet” to run it all.
How can you confirm whether you’re a good fit for this position? Well if:
- You are self-motivated, hungry for a challenge, and looking to make an immediate impact.
- You are fully entrenched in social media culture and understand the fine line of managing a professional, but effective social media presence.
- You have an advanced understanding of web technology and how it supports marketing.
- You like writing and are good at it, and have strong proofreading capabilities.
- You like to analyze complex business challenges and come up with creative ways to solve them.
- You want to work hard and be part of a young, fun, growing company.
- You are organised and can work independently.
- You balance your life with work as you see fit (as long as you are fully dedicated to the role).
- You like working from the office, home, car, your friend’s house, the coffee shop, bar etc.
- You like having a variety of challenges and touch on all facets of marketing.
- It never gets boring and you will learn more than you can imagine.
- There are no work politics or BS to sift through. Our focus is solely on achieving results.
- Your attention to detail is impeccable, you can notic typ0s sch as tis. You produce a work product that requires little modification. You are almost a perfectionist.
- You understand how to analyze metrics/data, and how to segment and report it in a logical fashion.
- You are even-tempered, understand how to deal with clients, and have an over-the-top customer service attitude.
- You check your ego at the door and are always open to constructive feedback. If you take things personally, you’re not a fit.
- You are a naturally social person. You love interacting with ALL kinds of people and getting to know new people.
- You are smart, creative, accountable, willing to go the extra mile, and really “get it” by using “common sense”. If you don’t understand this bullet, you aren’t a fit.
Deadline: 31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Short Note Paragraph (S) on why you think you’re a good fit and attach your CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: We are very selective in who we hire. Our expectations are high because we always strive to deliver our best.