Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – Our client in the Finance industry is looking to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Asset & Liability Manager
- The ideal candidates will be responsible for leading the continued development of Asset & Liability Management team. This will include supporting and shaping the development of the ALM function, annual planning process, and developing /managing Financial Risk Model.
- Ideal candidates must have experience in an asset management/investment firm.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing balance sheet, cash flow, and ensuring provision of funds for the company.
- Implementing an assets and liabilities strategy (gapping) that optimizes the company’s return, in accordance with the Asset and Liabilities Committee (ALCO)’s guidelines/ recommendations.
- Responsible for the management of capital, liquidity, interest rate, hedging, and other balance sheet risks via reporting against appetite and modeling forward-looking impacts and solutions.
- Preparing ongoing assessment of asset & liability mismatches and managing the implementation of required short and medium-term financing structures.
- Developing and recommending financial policies, capital structure, hedging policies, as well as maintenance of AAM relationships.
- Managing daily cash balances, and surplus cash for other assets (e.g. money markets, fixed income).
- Making decisions on funding company operations and other financing requirements.
- Identifying potential financial risks for the company, ensuring they do not adversely affect company funds (e.g. foreign exchange exposures).
- Management of debt capital raising strategy, origination, and execution of structured finance and hedging strategies, cash management strategies.
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating potential challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Setting strategy and overseeing the management of Money Market to maximize treasury returns in compliance with the company’s market risk strategy.
- Ensuring compliance with the regulatory requirements (e.g. reserve requirements).
- Analyzing the impact of international markets on the performance of company products or services.
- Give prompt attention to breaches of limits and guidelines, with a particular focus on the development of risk mitigation strategies.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, and Business Administration or any related discipline with at least 10 years’ relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of treasury and financial risk management.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills whilst also being commercially astute.
- Good model building skills
- Good quantitative analysis skills
- In-depth understanding of financial and capital markets
- In-depth knowledge of economic fundamentals and banking, asset management products, and Capital Markets instruments (including derivative instruments).
- Good portfolio management and product development skills
- Good problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Good leadership abilities
- Good relationship management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in preparation of Prudential Regulatory Capital and Liquidity documents.
Application Closing Date
13th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.