Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a leading Manufacturing Company is looking to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Job Seniority: Mid-level
Job Category: Engineering and Production
Employment Type: Full Time
- To support the Plant by optimizing the balance between cost and effectiveness of assets through world-class maintenance practices focusing on process control and automation, electric power and instrumentation
- Oversee the instruments and control systems from an engineering perspective and assures all maintenance, design, modifications or additions of the same are performed professionally and in strict accordance with company procedures and code compliance.
- Assure planning, scheduling and managing of all instruments and controls systems related to plant are coordinated and performed safely and efficiently.
- Ensure maintenance upgrades and repair of PLCs (Siemens & Omron) including servers and interface panels;
- Maintain software, system files backup and communication networks;
- Debug and optimize automation programs;
- Use design software to perform engineering tasks to improve the efficiency of the machines.
- Develop PLC programs for new equipment as needed, and other duties as assigned;
- Execute Plant calibration activities and ensuring conformation to company / statutory requirement;
- Ensure electrical faults troubleshooting and repair;
- Development of SOPs including update of unit operating manuals.
- Maintenance of Plant Electric Power Infrastructure- MV/LV power distribution networks, MV switchgear, Transformers, MSB, RMU, MCB and Generator alternators/control panels
- Timely recommendation on the assortment of Electrical / Automation Spare Parts for stock;
- Provide leadership, discipline expertise and training to less experienced support staff, engineering design, maintenance and operation groups.
- Design, modification, wiring and improvement of new / existing electrical circuits;
- Liaison with third parties involved in the production, distribution or regulation of electric power used in the Plant;
- Ensure that documentation for the instruments and controls systems are maintained properly.
- Participation in the specification, planning and setting up of projects for the installation of new equipment or their modification /replacement;
- Ensure assets remain in healthy state for Production by advising on CAPEX proposals
- Provide accurate and timely instruments and control engineering guidance and advice to all project and asset teams.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering
- Demonstrated experience, proven track record in troubleshooting and analysis of instrumentation and process engineering system problems.
- Knowledge of Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis and root cause analysis.
- Computer Literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Autocad & SAP are added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years Plant automation experience as Senior Automation Specialist
- Excellent understanding of electric drawings;
- Excellent knowledge of SIMATIC STEP 7 (TIA Porta) and MOVITOOL;
- Knowledge of CX-Programmer is added advantage;
- Good knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic principles and related automation control;
- Good Mechanic Background (Conveyors, Pumps, Compressors, Generators, etc…)
- Knowledge of basic principles of Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Environment, Engineering, Health and Safety Operational planning expertise/experience.
- Automation, Factory, Process Control, Instrumentation, Engineering, Maintenance Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.