Baobab is a leader in financial inclusion in Africa. Baobab offers its services mainly to individuals, micro and small businesses in Africa and China. Our mission is to unlock the potential of our clients by providing them with easy-to-use and straightforward financial services. Founded in 2005 under the name Microcred, Baobab today has more than 500,000 active customers and 3,800 employees in Madagascar, Senegal, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Mali, Tunisia, Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso Faso, the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Operations (M / F)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Functional Link: Group Director of Operations & Digitalization
- A comprehensive understanding of the banking market, practical knowledge of trade finance, cash management, operations, branch operations. The area of responsibility for this role is vast and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes.
- The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities.
- He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
- The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
- Lead a team of specialists on transactional banking offerings.
- Coordinate the electronics banking business of the company
- Foster a lasting and seamless relationship with electronic service providers: NIBSS, Interswitch, etc
- Effective and efficient electronic card management.
- Management of various electronic and other delivery channels.
- Overall coordination of operations for customer experience
- Management of excellent service delivery across the network.
- Development and implementation of operations digitalization.
- Participate in any transactional related offerings, including trade finance, lending decisions, ALCO, technology-related offerings, service improvements, marketing of solutions,
- Decide on pricing strategy for segments, individual customers
- Give necessary notices to government/regulators and public of product changes
- Liaise with Operations Centres, regularly reviewing all operational standards for product profitability, and identifying skills gaps
- Achieve a 50%-50% split between Interest income and non-interest income
- Liaise with the team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review and feedback into customer satisfaction surveys, responding to customer complaints.
- Liaise with People Development and Sales Management functions to design and deliver appropriate training, and give input into sales strategies.
- Participate in the promotion of banking products, design of selling programs, and participate on sells
- Manage a creative team and go with the top notch of the market on the transactional solutions.
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Liaise with other departments, including finance and marketing, to ensure operations budgets and proper advertisements which meet department goals and attract clients
- Identify patterns and problem areas, and implement effective solutions to increase efficiency.
- Report regularly to Managing Director with completed on-budget and on-time projects and project outcomes
- Maintain strong relationships with clients to drive sales and network with new clients
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Management of the staff in the department to achieve the overall objectives of the company.
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
- Degree in Business Management, preferably Finance or Economics, Certified professional banker.
- Not less than 10 years, 7 of which must be at managerial level
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service, etc.)
- Good contact with third-party service providers.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM).
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.