ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Credit Officer
Locations: Gbako & Lavun – Niger, Offa & Baruten – Kwara, Bassa – Kogi, and Ogbomosho – Oyo
Department: Customer Finance
Reporting to: Head of Customer Finance
Job Purpose / Mission
- Engie Energy Access is looking for dynamic, highly motivated and disciplined Senior Customer Finance Analysts with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy and financial inclusion
- This position is a key role within the Customer Finance Department of a fast-paced start up at the front lines of renewable energy and mobile payment technology
- This role requires individuals to work under limited supervision, perform duties associated with locating unreachable customers, direct interaction with customers and where need be deactivate non-paying customers while giving good customer experience.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Customer engagement – Bounce backs & Repossessions for defined customers
- Customer engagement – Customer surveys based on different parameters.
Deliverables and Activities:
- Mobile Money Development – Build Mobile Money Network in defined locations
- Mobile Money Development – Develop and implement migration plan of new and existing customers to Mobile Money payment channels
- Continuous improvement of Customer Finance field processes
- Overall Responsibility for Credit performance in assigned locations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field
- Knowledge of the service area geographies
- Skilled in both verbal and written communications
- Skilled in customer relations, negotiations and problem solving
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated high levels of maturity
- Team player who is able to work independently
- Demonstrated honesty and integrity
- Fluency in English and local language(s) in assigned region.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience with excel and Powerpoint added advantage
- Community work experience.
Job Title: Nigeria Sales Team Lead
Location: Various Locations in Nigeria
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Head of Sales & Marketing
- The Sales Team Lead will be stationed in the preferred location and be responsible for leading and managing a team of sales agents, installation technicians, dual contractors and their customers – responsible for the full customer cycle i.e., sell, fulfil, maintain and recover.
- The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective sales work.
- Develop and implement the sales operational strategies within allocated area, as well as align with the area sales target.
- Organizing sales activities and functions in the field to achieve targets, revenue and desired quality sales.
- Managing installation technicians and maintenance technicians
- Training and coaching of sales agents on topics including pitching, sales conversation, closing and building strong and long-lasting relationships with customers.
Deliverables and Activities:
- On time high-quality system installations at the customers premises or any other location as directed by ENGIE Energy Access.
- Coordinate installation technicians and maintenance technicians to ensure systems are installed and maintained,
- Support recruitment of new installation and maintenance technicians in the sales area.
- Prepare the monthly installation monitoring report for the State Sales Manager.
- Review control monthly commission payments and payroll follow up on faulty installations and inform finance department about deductions.
- Repossessions are aligned and coordinated with the customer finance department.
- Identify the needs for and recruit new contractors with support from service network team leader.
- Responsible for disciplinary for installations and maintenance technicians.
- Stock takings
- Stock audit report
- Providing regular portfolio & compliance reports to State Sales Manager and credit control team
- Managing the daily work and activities of area administrator according prioritization policy on workout activities.
- Deal with complex scenarios (customer not found, fire, violence etc.)
- Assessing internal and external cause for portfolio deteriorations
- Participating in the recruitment of new staff and training of existing staff
- Monitor and review KPIs + provide feedback area administrator
- Conduct periodic performance review of area administrator.
- Mentoring each Sales Agents, installation technician, maintenance technician, dual contractor and area admin to enhance operational performance, motivation and engagement.
- Educating Sales agents, dual contractors, area administrator, installation technicians, maintenance technicians and in applicable policies, guidelines provided by State Sales Manager and credit departmental standards.
- Support conducting quarterly inventory audits for all service centers.
Required Skills and Experience
- BSc. Degree or Equivalent
- 1 – 3 years working in a role within a progressive sales and/or financial services
- Previous experience in a managerial position is an added advantage
- Ability and passion for coaching and training.
- Strong ability in planning and organization.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with customer focus
- Computer literate, team player and dynamic self-starter.
- Willing to travel/assign in any geographic area in Nigeria
- Resident in the preferred location or willing to relocate there
- Fluent in English.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Ability to work in teams or independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem-solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas
Job Title: Data Scientist
Department: Central Digital and IT – Data
Reporting line: Head of Data
Job Purpose / Mission
- We are looking for a talented, full-stack data scientist to join the digital team to help deliver affordable solar power to emerging markets. This position offers a great opportunity to work alongside an elite team of data scientists and business professionals and directly contribute to the success of a mission driven company with social and environmental impact. Candidates will get the opportunity to work in a diverse technology stack at scale.
- Deploy and maintain data pipelines and machine learning models to predict repayment, solar system device performance, credit scoring and other metrics which are key to the business.
- Contribute to design and maintenance of an analytics database to empower data-driven decisions by analysts and strategists across the organization.
- Design randomized, controlled experiments to understand levers available to improve customer repayment.
- Perform analyses, with statistical components as appropriate, for department leaders to evaluate the impact of pilots and other interventions.
- Leverage external data sources to help EEA grow its business and maximize social impact on customers in emerging markets.
- Train team members on data tools / skills to grow data capacity and culture at EEA.
- MA or PhD in a relevant discipline (Data Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, or another relevant STEM field)
Knowledge and Skills
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Python, especially in a data analytics/science capacity (ex. pandas, numpy, sklearn, matplotlib)
- Facility with MySQL/Redshift
- Experience with experimental design, statistical analysis, and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Good knowledge of statistical tests and analysis
- Ability to communicate model outputs and analyses to stakeholders at various levels of technical expertise
- Experience deploying predictive models at scale
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic analysis to impact decisions
- Thrives on teamwork
- Bonus: Experience with financial data or credit scoring
- French or Portuguese is a plus
- Python or R, jupyter notebooks
- Airflow (or other workflow management systems, such as Luigi)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its services, such as, but not limited to, Cloudwatch, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, EMR, S3, SQS, EC2
- AWS environment: Cloudwatch, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, EMR, SQS, EC2
- Statistical analysis and predictive modeling in python (scipy, stats, sklearn, etc)