SYNLAB Nigeria offers a full range of medical laboratory services for practising doctors, clinics and the pharmaceutical industry. The SYNLAB Group is the uncontested leader on the European market for human medicine laboratory services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Phlebotomist
Employment Type: Full time
- We are looking for a Phlebotomist to draw blood and other tissue or fluid from patients for testing, research or donations. The job of a phlebotomist is a rewarding one, since you help people stay healthy and even help save their lives.
- Phlebotomist duties One of the most important is to properly identify patients and correctly use phlebotomy methods (e.g. venipuncture, skin puncture). We’ll rely on you to preserve patient health and quality of samples.
- Phlebotomist job requirements We’re looking for important phlebotomist skills such as presence of mind, people skills and attention to detail. You should have a diploma in phlebotomy and have knowledge of puncture techniques. If you’re dedicated to your patients and have a firm but kind hand, we’d like to meet you.
- Arrange daily activities based on urgency of requests for fluid samples
- Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents or other means
- Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Find veins that are suitable for puncture
- Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples
- Label samples correctly and send or deliver them for testing
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working
- Help with blood transfusions when needed
- Proven experience as a Phlebotomist or Phlebotomy Technician
- Experience with effective puncture techniques
- Ability to connect with various types of patients (such as children, elderly, pregnant women) and make them feel comfortable
- Patience and presence of mind
- Diploma in Phlebotomy or extensive on-the-job training
- Graduate of Medical Laboratory Technology
- Understanding of proper patient identification methods
- Knowledge of legal requirements about drawing blood, handling fluid samples and use of relevant medical equipment and material
- Ability to use computers to enter information
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online