Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Control Manager
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Plans, coordinates and directs the dealership service department’s quality control efforts, ensuring that repairs to customers’ cars have been completed correctly and that vehicles are returned to customers in the proper condition.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in advanced quality planning
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Management Systems (QMS) including ISO/TS 16949; QMS internal and 3rd party auditing; Quality control function and techniques, warranty analysis, PSO, SPC, PPAP, GD&T, DFSS, DVP&R, TQM, QFD, Gauges, FMEA, APQP, problem-solving and lean manufacturing principals.
- Knowledge of welding, metal forming, and metal fabrication
- Proficiency in SAP
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Familiarity with quality standards and processes to follow federal, state, and local regulations
- Communication skills to convey information in reports, meetings, and status reports
- Knowledge of the product to perform accurate quality control
- Attention to detail
- Analysis, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to review systems, find flaws and pose solutions to those flaws
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle stress
- Ability to operate under deadlines while still meeting standards
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates these objectives with other managers.
- Analyses statistical data and product specifications to formulate dealership standards.
- Minimizes comebacks by conducting periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Investigates and corrects customer complaints regarding quality.
- Inspects all recently purchased and comeback vehicles to ensure proper correction and condition of vehicle.
- Meets monthly with dispatcher and service manager to determine if any recurring problems need to be addressed.
- Monitors training levels of technicians and communicates concerns to shop foreman.
- Plans, promote, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability. Supports technical training effort through one-on-one and group sessions.
- Inspects all repair orders and ensures that they include complete documentation and that proper warranty procedures have been followed.
- Understands and follows all applicable federal, state, and local regulations on hazardous waste and OSHA Right-to-Know.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Attends managers’ meetings as requested.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Deadline: 6th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.