Haske & Williams Rice Company Limited popularly called H&W Rice Limited was formed out of the need to create quality local substitutes to imported rice products in Nigeria. Established as a vertically integrated producer of high-quality whole grain parboiled rice, H&W Rice works directly with its farm estates and network of out growers to ensure the finest, export-quality products for our local and international customers. H&W Rice Limited is one of the three companies under Haske & Williams Limited – a fast-rising agribusiness conglomerate commissioned in November 2016 through the adoption of our win-win shared success philosophy, the Demsa Integrated Rice Production Project “DIRPP” is our pioneer industrial-scale agricultural project designed to revolutionise the rice production landscape in Nigeria.
Sited 40km from the Adamawa State capital, Yola, in the Demsa L.G.A, the project at full capacity will produce about 28,800 tonnes of top-quality long grain parboiled rice and other derivatives for the Nigerian market. Working with the host community as development partners, the project has 3 major components.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
- To manage and provide warehouse support to the Logistics/Operations team in the day-to-day support of the Logistics/Operations Department and other departments.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures, protocols, and other work-related policies.
- Develop appropriate systems, processes for the ceaseless functioning of the warehouse and oversee the warehouse to ensure stock availability and quality, control inventory levels by conducting physical counts, reconciling with data storage system.
- Supervise the receiving, monitoring, and maintaining of stock in the warehouse to ensure sufficient stocks are available at any given time to meet the requirements as per the company guidelines.
- Supervise the use and daily update of all inventory related items on the ERP software (SAP, CRM etc.)
- Translate business requirements into a service offering that improves operational efficiency, productivity.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, appraising job results, and organization of work schedules.
- Carryout frequent internal training for team members for continuous improvement.
- Determine and allocate appropriate daily manpower required for optimal warehouse operations and ensures that all personnel comply consistently with the established systems and processes.
- Manage fleet service provider SLAs and ensure that temporary fleet service providers are engaged.
- Ensure goods, tools and equipment are stored appropriately and good condition to avoid untimely depreciation and damage.
- Regulate movement of items and personnel in and out of the warehouse to ensure uninterrupted (without affecting the process) operations.
- Use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met.
- Periodic analysis and reporting of work-related activities.
- Advise management on work related decision making.
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by Management.
Qualification and Experience
- First Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or any Social sciences.
- A Master’s degree or an MBA will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post-graduation experience.
Functional Skills and Competency Requirement:
- University degree in Logistics related course.
- Certification in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- HSE certifications (first aid, firefighting, lifting operation, hazardous material handling etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related fields.
- Hands on experience in warehouse operations such as inventory control, receiving, storage, distribution, merchandising, stores operations and market awareness.
Required Business Competencies & Skills:
- Basic communication skill
- Knowledge/experience with ERP business systems (Microsoft 365, preferable, CRM, SAP).
- Sound Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse.
- Knowledge of QMS, OHSMS, EMS systems.
- Technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management and spreadsheets
- Must possess an administrative ability to control warehousing.
- Numeracy, Analytical and an understanding of finance.
- Managerial and Leadership skills
- Must have good people management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas.
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: email@example.com using “Warehouse Manager” as the subject of the mail.