Visa Incorporated – As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Client Readiness Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products and services globally, Client Services is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, Cybersource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business
- The Global Client Readiness organization accelerates the Client Services deployment and scale strategy for Visa. We have a tight alignment with the product and technology teams to support design, development and deployment of Visa products and services to help speed client implementations. The organization is also responsible for all aspects of client readiness for business enhancement releases, client delivery, implementations, deployments, and support for all new and existing products and services, for all Visa clients worldwide
- We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
About the Role
- This role is for a Digital Solution Software Engineer and API Specialist within our Client Readiness team. As a key subject matter expert and team member, the successful candidate will provide direct API integration support for the onboarding and ongoing success of our clients that connect with us through the Visa Developer Platform (VDP), work with a diverse set of Visa issuers, merchants, and mobile ecosystem partners to deliver Visa Token Service and Secure Remote Commerce successfully into the CEMEA marketplace
- The candidate will be expected to leverage his / her deep understanding of REST APIs (and related technologies) and technical experience to work with clients and internal resources to support and bring products to market quickly and with minimal friction. Working collaboratively with various stakeholders, he/she will lead troubleshooting events with the clients and proactively resolve issues
- The successful candidate will develop and recommend scalable processes, communication tools and overall guidance to regional heads/leads to achieve the product and platform goals. The role will also focus on supporting the Visa Token Service product platform for clients in the CEMEA region integrating to Visa Token Service as token issuers and/or token requestors. This position would be ideal for a candidate with an API engineering or integration support background looking to build upon that experience in a payment’s technology company.
- Provide API integration support and technical expertise to clients implementing APIs on the Visa Developer Platform, Visa Token Service, Secure Remote Commerce and related E-Commerce and mobile products, understand the client’s host system and drive activities for seamless integration into their solutions
- Provide first level technical integration support and product guidance for Visa Developer Platform, Visa Token Service, Secure Remote Commerce, SDKs and related APIs. This includes provision of advice and guidance to clients (issuers, merchants, token requestors, 3rd party providers, etc.) on integration options and act as the technical resource to understand the platform in its entirety, from overall architecture to the nuances of individual messaging protocols
- Carry out API technical briefing session(s) with clients on the scope and requirements of the APIs to be integrated into their solutions
- Be the subject matter expert with deep understanding of client integration requirements to support Visa API products and VisaNet processing, in addition to interoperability and dependencies that should be considered to minimize risk
- Support the onboarding process for VTS clients and work with regional teams in ensuring that they are accurately and appropriately supported
- Play a consultative role during pre-project engagements with key clients or products to understand the scope of client’s need and partner with the Products team in defining unique solutions where applicable. This also includes recommending improvements and enhancements to product capabilities
- Actively engage with internal stakeholders to ensure all projects are successfully executed and business goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner that meets client’s needs with a resulting high level of satisfaction
- Co-ordinate with Product, Account Management, Technology and other functions to ensure smooth client onboarding / implementation and troubleshoot post go-live support issues where required
- Contribute to developing internal and external product documentation
- Continually improve the customer experience through efficient service delivery and support.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in Computer Science or similar field, as a Full Stack Software Engineer with specialty in software development and integration covering web and mobile payment platforms.
- Professional fluency in French would be an added advantage
- You are a full stack software engineer with API backend integration experience in web-related technologies, and very skilled in Java, JSON, REST, Groovy and/or C#, using SOAP protocol, XML, web applications, API design, SDKs, and related developer tools. Working knowledge of network security principles and experience in troubleshooting TLS connectivity issues, cryptography concepts, digital signature mechanisms, and familiarity with Android/iOS development
- You have exceptional project management, cross functional and global collaboration skills with the ability to manage complex and varied workload required to support multiple concurrent implementations, and multiple activities with both internal and external stakeholders
- You are a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under pressing deadlines
- You have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines. Ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear and articulate fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have experience with mobile contactless payment programs, Tokenization technology including the underlying specifications and relationship to EMV and ISO8583 financial transaction message format
- You have strong technical aptitude with the ability to articulate complex technical information and apply to business solutions and strategies
- You can demonstrate good understanding of the various systems, products and services offered via the Visa Developer Platform
- A working knowledge and experience in the payments industry and ISO8583 transaction message formats, a plus but not required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Leave a Reply