Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited – We are a leading 5-star international luxury hotel strategically located in the city of Port Harcourt and are currently seeking for employment dynamic, result-oriented and self-motivated candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head Chef
- Prepares food for clients.
- Helps devise new methods of cooking and new menu items
- Streamlines work from back of house to front of house.
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client
- Prepares food before the arrival of guests
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Must have food safety knowledge
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Manages other employees in the kitchen
- Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
- Seasons food according to recipes or company needs
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Devises new recipes
- Estimates expected food consumption and organises preparation
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
- Orders new menu items for specials or cheap deals
- Butchers and cooks animal meat based on the restaurant atmosphere
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins
- Stays open until the last customer leaves
- Offers a creative menu to compete with other local restaurants
- Cleans up after business hours
- Communicates with owner about how to improve meal service
- Alters dishes based on consumer suggestions or requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and & proficiencies
Cook Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates should possess an OND / BA qualification
- Basic Computational Skills, Organizational Skills, Verbal Communication, Culinary Arts, Kitchen Equipment Knowledge, Butchering, Knowledge of International Cuisines, Creativity, Interpersonal Skills, Culinary Arts Training
- 4 years of experience in the Food and Beverage service is required. Customer service experience preferred, preferably in the hospitality section.
Deadline: 21st May, 2021.
How to apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.