Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections, and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Job ID: 2021-1948
Location: Northeast Nigeria
- Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development, and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- Creative is seeking a Grants Officer for an anticipated USAID-funded education project in Northeast Nigeria. The Grants Officer will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Chief of Party and staff on the design of grant applications and enforcement of guidelines and regulations for project grants.
- Ensuring efficient grants management in accordance with USAID regulations
- Proper management of grant funds by grantee organizations
- Development and implementation of systems to properly manage, monitor, and report grant performance in accordance with USAID and Creative policies, practices, rules and regulations.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management, Financial Analysis or Accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to analyze cost applications and prepare reports and recommendations on whether applicants should be funded
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines
- At least four (4) years of experience with sub-grants management, including disbursement and reporting, preferably in Nigeria; a minimum of three (2) years working in international development
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management (ADS 302, ADS 303, 2 CFR 200, 2 CFR 700, etc.)
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English required. Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri, or other languages spoken in Northeast Nigeria preferred.
- Provide grants advice to project staff on grant related matters
- Facilitate grant trainings for project staff, grantees, and other external stakeholders, as applicable
- Ensure the diligent use of Creative’s grants management system, SMART by relevant project staff
- Ensure compliance with the project’s grants manual, and identify/suggest improvements to reflect project realities
- Facilitate and provide advisory assistance to grant applicants on the application process
- Facilitate capacity building for grantees on grants management skills, as needed
- Facilitate the evaluation of grant concepts/applications for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations (ADS 302, 303, 2 CFR 200, 2 CFR 700, etc.), recommending award actions to the Chief of Party
- Coordinating the issuance of awards and maintaining file documentation through the upkeep of Creative’s grants management system, SMART
- Facilitating the monitoring and oversight of grant implementation in coordination with M&E and program staff through verification of milestone deliverables, site visits, and other mechanisms, as applicable; and
- Preparing scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Deadline: 10th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online