A.G. Leventis (Nigeria) PLC, we provide West Africa with reliable, innovative & affordable products & services. Our core markets consist of: Real Estate, Hotel accommodation, Food & Snack production, Commercial Truck and Buses manufacturing and distribution, Aftermarket Car Servicing, Inks for flexible packaging, Supplier of plumbing and industrial goods.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Import and Documentation Manager / Head of Procurement
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- Manage end to end all import, Documentation processes and lead a team of procurement unit.
- To ensure optimum method of shipment for imported cargoes which are to be received within pre-determined time parameters and terms of sales / purchase,
- Manages all the duties end to end within the shipping function, i.e., manage shipping agents, tracking the entire shipment process, invoice approval, Statutory reports, insurance claims, Indent file control, applications to Board of Trade, etc
- Prepare Landed Cost estimates on request from the business using current rate agreements in place
- Responsible for the development, implementation and on-going management of the Procurement Strategy and influence legal compliance of procurement policy
- Liaison with Foreign Buying Group and Vendors on all Imports (Air and Sea Freight) towards delivery OTIF
- Liaison with Logistic service providers and related authorities on all aspects of the import / export process (NAFDAC, SON, CUSTOMS & Inspection Agents etc.)
- To lead the development and implementation of procurement policies and system strategies to support tendering, contracts management, spend analytics and supplier performance management
- To drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within the team and departments in challenging existing practices and actively seek ways to achieve better outcomes, contributing to ensure key performance and financial targets are met and corrective action taken where necessary.
Qualification and Key Competencies
- HND / B.Sc in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or a related field. MBA with relevant Professional Certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years experience in conglomerate or shipping industry for at least 5 years in import and export related functions
- Minimum 8 years Experience in Senior Procurement Role
- Very Strong Commercial and Financial Acumen
- Good written and Verbal communications skills
- Very Strong Analytical and Contract Management Skill
- Strong customer service focus and Interpersonal skills.
Deadline: 27th May 2021.