Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SIAML Real Estate Investment Manager
Job ID: 55670
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Investment Management
- The Investment Manager (Real Estate) is responsible for supervising and managing a Real Estate Investment Trust.
- The Investment Manager works directly with the internal and external stakeholders for the prompt and accurate execution of the investment mandate and strategies for Real Estate Investment Trust.
- The Manager would assess the macroeconomic environment, the real estate market as well as internal and external research reports to support the Investment Committee of the Funds in strategy formulation as well as tactical decisions/execution.
- He /She ensures that all activities within the span of supervision are in line with the REIT’s governance framework and approval limits, company policies and regulatory requirements.
- He /She coordinates engagements with key stakeholders such as Trustees, Regulators, Investment Committee, Asset and Property Managers.
- The Investment Manager would also ensure that all internal and external reports are prepared accurately and presented to the recipients in a timely manner.
- The Investment Manager would also coordinate the relationships with Investors such as organizing roadshows, site visits, analyst conference calls etc.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Support for Strategic and Tactical Investment Decisions:
- Communicate macro and microeconomic trends and implications on the Real Estate Industry to aid formulation of investment strategy
- Conduct sector, and asset specific assessments to identify investment opportunities
- Ensuring that inputs from Asset Managers, Property Managers and other key service providers are aligned with overall investment strategy and decisions of the Investment Committee
- Daily monitoring of Real Estate markets and analysis of the risk to the REIT, and making recommendations to improve performance
- Review of all recommendations on investment opportunities such as acquisitions, property improvements and new project developments within established risk management framework.
- Use relevant financial models to project cash flows, operating income and profit potentials of various investment opportunities and options in order to make informed decisions
- Implementation of Investment Strategy through prompt execution of investment committee decisions
Portfolio Management and AUM growth:
- Ensure the REIT is managed to deliver competitive returns against benchmarks, competitors and target returns
- Management of cash flows, capex, opex and related financial indices related to the REIT.
- Development and recommending appropriate investment policies and guidelines for REIT
Internal and External Reporting:
- Ensure that all periodic reports to internal and external stakeholders (board, management, investment committee, investors, regulators, trustees etc) are accurate and delivered on time
- Ensure that all breaches are identified, disclosed and given immediate resolution.
- Review of all client related reports/information such as Fact Sheets and Information on Financial and Real Estate Markets.
Leadership and Capacity Building:
- Develop and Manage the career plan and progression of Fund Analysts.
- Ensure there is adequate backup capabilities for sustainability
- Develop the technical capacity within the team for effective and result driven Real Estate Asset Management
Providing Support to Relevant Stakeholders:
- Review of all Real Estate related reports to internal clients such as fund performance, market review and updates to support client facing teams such as Business Development
- Develop relationship with key clients and expand client network in professional and social settings
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. or its equivalent in Business, Economics, Engineering, Estate Management or related fields
- Master’s degree in a Finance/business related or quantitative discipline, Engineering, Estate Management or other Real Estate / Construction related field
- Relevant Professional Qualification in Finance and/or Engineering / Construction related discipline
- 7-10 years Advanced knowledge of investments and related concepts such as, real estate finance, macroeconomics, financial statements, financial ratios and financial markets
- 5-7 Years Advanced knowledge of macroeconomics and investment products
- 3-4 Years Advanced knowledge financial statements and financial ratios
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online