The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Requisition Number: req15808
Location: Gwoza, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Open to Expatriates: No
Background / IRC Summary
- The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014, the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations.
- IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Monguno, Gwoza and Bama of Borno State and Damaturu of Yobe State. Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods.
Job Overview / Summary
- The Supply chain Assistant will work in Gwoza IRC office under the direct supervision of Senior Area Manager and indirectly Procurement Manager.
- He/she is responsible for the integrity of the IRC’s procurement system.
- Must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Holder of Certificate or equivalent in Purchasing, Supplies and Management, Business Administration or related field
- 1 year of experience in similar position.
- Previous NGO experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Team spirit player and ability to multitask
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IRC procurement policies and procedures and donor-specific polices.
- Assist Procurement Manager in the Tendering Processes of documentations and filling processes.
- Provide procurement services in Gwoza. Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment’s required are delivered in time.
- Maintain ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure SC documents are photocopied and well filled electronically per grant.
- Ensuring timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation is actioned.
- Implement a transparent and responsive procurement process.
- Advise the Snr Area Manager and Procurement manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by the supervisors.
- Support Procurement Manager to secure ATC, VIF and business Licenses of vendors
- Archive all vendors’ files on the Box folder and update Suppliers database.
Other Human Resource Functions:
- Read, review and become knowledgeable of the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
- Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor and Procurement Manager.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Snr. Area Manager.
- Position directly supervises: Nil.
- Indirect Reporting: Procurement Manager.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Programs and operations teams
- External: Vendors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.