Grand Pela Hotel and Suites, Abuja, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4Star hotel located at the residential area in Durumi, near American Int’l School, Abuja. The Hotel is 30 minutes’ drive to/from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Sous Chef / Executive Chef
- As a Chef De Partie (CDP) you are responsible supporting the Head and Sous Chef in a busy hotel kitchen delivering consistently high-quality food, handle purchase orders and ensure that items arriving without authorization are not received.
- Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products,recipes and preparation techniques.
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
- Hotel Management Graduate or Culinary Degree with minimum 3 years certification.
- At least 3 year’s experience cooking in a well-established restaurant or full-service hotel and/or minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role.
Job Title: Chief Steward / Assistant Stewarding Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Executive Chef and F&B Manager
- He / She is responsible to assist the stewarding manager to enforce the highest possible cleanliness and hygiene standards in all food processing facilities, as well as the operating equipment.
- Main responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back area cleaning and equipment maintenance, banquet plating, and food running.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Supervise the duties of all stewarding department employees, facilities, operations,s, and costs.
- Supervise the sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene as well as the quality level of product and services.
- Ensure Back of House areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up more efficient.
- Ensure water temperature, and chemical levels are appropriate for cleaning and documented.
- Assist with Banquet plate-ups and buffet by transporting and ensuring adequate stock.
- Assist Chefs and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed.
- Check more specifically the proper use of chemicals and washing accessories.
- Coordinate with the Stewarding Manager in establishing minimum and maximum operating par stocks and supplies and approve storeroom requisition.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager and Outlet Managers to check their requirements for the day and the next day.
- Assist in the location, movement, and storage of banquet operational equipment.
- Assist in the stocktake of equipment and other items as required.
- Work closely with the Chef, Banquets & Catering Manager to anticipate guest needs.
- Work with all departments to ensure items that are required for service are available when needed.
- Take all necessary actions to reduce the loss of silverware/flatware.
- Take all necessary actions to reduce the breakage of China and Glasswares.
- Supervises employees’ ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
- Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensuring Stewarding staff have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Prepare monthly reports on shortages in china silverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines.
- Lead and manage the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model for the stewarding teams to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel’s Management.
- The ideal candidate will be a friendly, respectful individual with good cross-cultural sensitivity and a concern for quality, and an eye for details.
- You will work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team while possessing the following additional competencies:
- You should ideally have a 1 or 2-year diploma in hospitality with previous experiences in the Stewarding Department within a hotel.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities are essentials.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft office applications is required.
- 4 years experience in the procurement, food, and beverage, culinary, or related professional area or Previous leadership experience in a Stewarding department.
Job Title: Executive Chef (Senior Management Level)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: General Manager / Food and Beverage Director
- Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation and flavour for the dining rooms, banquets and other food facilities, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction.
- Additionally responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen.
- Trains, develops and motivates supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
- Teaches preparation according to well defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the cuisine at the property.
- Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Should be able to provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen.
- Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and kitchen staff.
- He/She should advocate sound financial/business decision making, demonstrates honesty, integrity and also leads by example.
- Provides and supports service behaviours that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Delegates as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Actively involves in menu development and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavour.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel standards.
- Reviews GSTS and RSTS comment cards for guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Coordinates with the purchasing department for the acquisition of needed goods and services.
- Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards.
- Ensure proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staffs.
- Ensures all kitchen employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Ensure proper purchasing, receiving and food storage standards in the kitchen.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
- Actively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels are scheduled to accommodate business demands.
- Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and food servers.
- Discuss daily food cost reports with key kitchen and F&B team members.
- Review weekly and monthly schedules to meet forecast and budget.
- Attend the daily morning meetings and other administrative sessions.
- Identifies the developmental needs of kitchen staffs and provide coaching, mentoring, and also helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations. Also interview and hire new applicants for kitchen.
- Frequently review finished products for quality and presentation before the orders are send to guest.
- Able to perform additional duties as requested by the hotel management as and when required.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to hotel operational Standard and Management Policy.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Having an eye for detail and creativity to look at things differently will be a key to developing the Food and Beverage Experience.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- 3 years Hospitality Management or equivalent Culinary University Degree.
- With a minimum of five years experiences in a similar capacity/function in an international five-star hotel with a strong background in HACCP procedures and application.
Deadline: 7th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.