Precious Palm Royal Hotel – Design and comfort are perfectly combined here, because we care about your well-being – all the materials used for room decoration are environment friendly, and your individual climate control can be adjusted accurately by degree.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef
Employment Type: Full-time
- Should be very creative and able to prepare all kinds of dishes to wow our guest expectation – ranging from local dishes, pastery and continental
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food / labor costs
- Supervise kitchen staff’s activities
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Rectify arising problems or complaints
- Give prepared plates the “final touch”
- Perform administrative duties
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Should be able to provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen.
- Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- He/She should advocate sound financial/business decision making, demonstrates honesty, integrity and also leads by example.
- Provides and supports service behaviours that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel
- Reviews feedback for guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Coordinates with the purchasing department for the acquisition of needed goods and services.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
- Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.
- Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and food servers.
- Discuss daily food cost reports with key kitchen and F&B team members.
- Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards.
- Ensure proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staffs.
- Ensures all kitchen employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Ensure proper purchasing, receiving and food storage standards in the kitchen.
- Identifies the developmental needs of kitchen staffs and provide coaching, mentoring, and also helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations.
- Frequently review finished products for quality and presentation before the orders are send to guest.
- Able to perform additional duties as requested by the hotel management as and when required.
- Proven working experience as a Head Chef
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Proven track record of costing or cost analysis
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- B.Sc Degree in Culinary science or related certificate.
Deadline: 30th June, 2021.