The Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin which has as its Motto: “Education for Excellence”, was established in September, 1974. It was then christened School of Education, and administered by the Kwara State College of Technology, Ilorin.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for consideration for appointment into the vacant position below in the college:
Job Title: Registrar
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Registrar, who is a Principal Officer, is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College, and he is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration of the College.
- The Registrar is, by virtue of office, the Secretary to the College Governing Council and Academic Board.
- Candidate must possess a good honours Degree from a recognized institutions of Higher Learning plus relevant Masters Degree with at least Eighteen (18) years of administrative experience preferably in a Tertiary Institution. Candidate must be a member of relevant professional body such as NIM or NIPM or other Chartered Professional Body and should be Computer Literate.
- Candidate should not be more than 55 years of age at the time of assumption of office and must be on the rank of Deputy Registrar on CONTENDXSS 15 or its equivalence.
- The Registrar shall hold office for a term of five(S) years in the first instance and may be re-appointed for another term of five(5) years
Job Title: Provost
- Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidate for the position of Provost.
- Candidate for the post must possess demonstrable evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy implementation, management of human and material resources, good human relations and other positive managerial attributes.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive Officer of the College and is responsible for the day to day management and operations of the College.
- He/She should be able to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievements of the goals and objectives of the College.
- He/She is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College.
- He/She is the Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College among other duties.
- He/She should be a Chief Lecturer or its equivalence of at least five (5) years cognate experience
- He/She should not be more than 59 years at the time of assumption of duty
- He/She should have education qualification plus PhD Degree in one of the subjects taught at NCE Programme.
- He/She should have evidence of academic and administrative leadership.
- He/She should have evidence of Professional Standing/Honours. Ne/She should be proficient in ICY packages and capacities.
- He/She should provide evidence of Community Services.
- The Provost shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only which shall not be renewable.
Job Title: Bursar
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer- of the College and shall be responsible to the College Provost for the day-to-day financial transactions of the College.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a good honours Degree / HND in Accountancy, Financial Management OR related subjects from recognized tertiary Institutions plus relevant Masters Degree. He/she must possess a professionally recognized accountancy qualification viz, ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ICAN, ANAN.
- Candidate must have at least Eighteen (18) years cognate working experience preferably in a tertiary institution and should be computer literate and resourceful; must be morally sound, of impeccable character and high integrity, free from financial embarrassment and enjoy good physical and mental health, must have proven record of service in his/her present place of work.
- Candidate should not be more than 55 years of age at the time of assumption of office and must boon the rank of Deputy Bursar on CONTENDISS 15 or its equivalence.
- The Bursar shall held office for a tern, of five (5) years in the first Instance and may be re-appointed for another term of five (5) years.
Deadline: 11th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Curriculum Vitae together with their credentials which should contain the following information:
- Post being applied for
- Name in full (Surname in capital letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Present Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Age of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic Professional Qualifications attended (with dates)
- Present Employment, status and salary (both level arid amount)
- Statement of cognate experience, including full details of former and present posts.
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be candidates present employer.
In addition to stating the names and address of the referees, candidates should request their nominated referees to send their confidential reports on them under separate cover, direct to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Kwara State College of Education,
P.M.B 1527, Ilorin,