SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician (Senior / Junior Level) – M / F
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: On demand
Contract duration: 1 month
- Performs on-site maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility
- Respects all COMPANY’s HSE regulations (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility
- Executes all maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner and in strict compliance with company operating procedures and any relevant statutory legislation in order to maintain all such equipment in sound and safe operating condition
- Ensures all worksites are clean and tidy on completion of works
- Ensures all problems are immediately highlighted to his Supervisor and COMPANY
- Participates fully in Pre-work assessments and risk assessments and abides by the recommendations
- Ensures all anomalies, near misses and accidents are reported to Company.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND), Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent including City & Guilds (C&G) Finals with a minimum of Upper Credit in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Participation in a recognized Trade Apprenticeship or verified technician training scheme is an added advantage.
- One (1) to ten (10) years’ experience in offshore or land based oil and gas production operations and maintenance
- Offshore Documents – HUET/BOSIET.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge and hands-on experience with the following mechanical machines, equipment and systems:
- Pumps – Repairs, overhauling and installation
- Alignment – Use of dial indicator and Laser Equipment alignment kits
- Lubrication and greasing
- Measuring tools – Proper use and application of various measuring tools
- Pipework and flanged connections – breaking, spading and installation
- Compressors – Repairs, overhauling and installation
- Valves – Repairs and installation
- Cranes – Repairs and overhauling
- Fresh Water Maker – Repairs and maintenance
- Diesel Engines – Maintenance, repairs and overhauling
- Electrical drive motors – Installation and lubrication.
- F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
Minimum level of experience required:
- 1 year or more
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online