At Saroafrica International Limited, we are constantly on the search for best talents whilst ensuring that all talents remain at their best. Saroafrica International Ltd is a group of companies with interests in Agribusiness which includes Heavy Agro-Industrial Manufacturing and Consumer Goods. Our organization is driven by delivering high performance and value in a sustainable manner to our all stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Saro Youthpreneur
Locations: Kaduna and Niger
Employment Type: Contract
- Saroafrica has a plan to empower youths through her ‘Saro Youth-preneur Initiative’ (SYI) platform by providing training, mentorship and access to initial inputs for business start-up (in both FMCG and Agric value chain) as part of its strategic direction. This initiative is set to empower 10,000 young Nigerians who are self-motivated and currently unemployed over the next 5 years. The initiative will also ensure 50% of the target beneficiaries are women.
The responsibilities of the ‘Saro Youth-Preneur’ include but not limited to:
- Commercial drive: Must be able to sell benefits to both Farmers and consumer goods customers hence ability to sell is a desirable skill.
- Knowledge Transfer: Must be able to replicate and transfer acquired skills and knowledge to others to produce desirable results
- Mobilisation for activities: Must be able to mobilize target audience and resources for demonstration and other related activities
- Extension service: Must be able to organise logistics needed for the field day, host audience and transfer knowledge on Good Agricultural Practices
- Entrepreneurship: Must be able to apply acquired entrepreneurial skills to build own enterprise and improve livelihood
- Collaborator Engagement: Identify and engage relevant collaborators and multilateral agencies that will partner with us in the initiative.
- Budgeting: Must submit budget for approval and do reconciliation of account within agreed timelines
- Reporting: Leverage IT platform to develop comprehensive reports on ongoing programs and submit to line manager based on agreed timelines
As the Ideal Candidate, You Must:
- Be a self-starter, visionary, tenacious, smart and agile with basic communication and numeric skills.
- Be self-motivated, driven by values of integrity and also possess strong interpersonal relationship.
Other Desirable Skills Include:
- Mastery of motor bike riding.
- Experience in sales
- Crop farming or extension services will be an added advantage.
- You must be resident in locality and understands the local language.
Qualifications / Experience
- SSCE holders
- OND Graduate of College of Education, Polytechnic
- HND graduate (previous sales or Agric extension experience is desirable)
- Age: Must be within 18 – 35 Years Old
Location: Mokwa, Kutigi, Bida, Lafiaji, New Bussa, Kontangora, Rafingora, Kabogi, Tegina, Manegi, Zaria, Makarfi, Anchau, Giwa, Pambegwa
Deadline: 15th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online