British Preparatory School is a co-educational prep for children aged 3 months to 11 years. We provide an education of the highest quality, preparing children for transfer to the best and the most selective secondary schools anywhere in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Administrator
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a School Administrator to manage our school. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a British Curriculum School or in an international school setting.
- As a School Administrator, you’ll need to wear many different hats; the planner, the problem-solver, the educator and the counselor being a few of them.
- You should have the skills to communicate with various people, handle budgets and logistics, and keep all educational programs running.
- If you’re up to the task, you have gift of leadership, and you’re also committed to high-quality education, we’d like to meet you.
- Conflict management skills
- Attention to details
- Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solution
- Excellent at written and oral communication
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
- Passionate about connecting with teachers and students
- Experience in classroom education
- Possess good judgment
- Compassionate and caring
- Empathetic and sociable
- Highly diplomatic
- Knowledgeable of school policies
- Adept at planning and organising
- Skilled in handling relations with various people
- Degree in Education or related qualification; post-graduate degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a school setting.
- Proven experience as a School Administrator
- Experience as an educator is a plus
- Knowledge of administrative processes of schools
- Ability to use computers (e.g. MS Office) and education management systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational ability
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Good judgment and decision-making aptitude
- Manage financial affairs including budgets, logistics and events or meetings
- Handle scheduling, record-keeping and reporting
- Ensure the school complies with relevant laws and regulations
- Develop and run educational programs
- Recruit, hire, dismiss and train staff
- Counsel students when needed
- Resolve conflicts and other issues
- Communicate with regulatory bodies and the public
- Have a hand in the creation of the school curriculum and teaching methodologies
- Conduct teachers and staff evaluations to ensure proper implementation of curriculum
- Lead practices for achievement of higher academic standards
- Support school with training, enrichment and goal-setting
- Complete job functions on computers using online communications, spreadsheets, word processors and other automated tools
- Implement actions that improve the school and the quality of education (e.g. building renovations, new guidelines for students, new subjects)
- Adjudicate appropriate discipline for students.
- Communicate with parents/families
- Attend school related events on weekends
- Prepare for the upcoming school year during the summer
- Represent and maintain school image and reputation
- Help shape and uphold the vision of the school.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV with a Covering Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.