Pangaea is on a mission to connect consumers around the world with brands they love. We believe that what you buy is an expression of who you are. By empowering brands to reach a global scale, we’re building a smaller, more expressive world.
We collect and analyze consumer purchase and behavioral data to create premium, international-first brands for the world’s fastest growing e-commerce markets. Our brands are built on a proprietary internationalization platform with competencies across warehousing / logistics, globally distributed performance creative, compliance and payments.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve sold our products in 60 different countries. We have grown to over 100 employees and contractors across several locations in the world. Backed by Google’s AI Gradient Ventures, we’re a rapidly growing startup poised to become a leader in the Direct to Consumer industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll partner with both Engineering, Product and Analytics to architect and build data pipelines and data systems.
- Helping to consolidate data across our service oriented architecture into a singular place where we can perform analysis and business intelligence.
- You’ll also develop tools to level up our analytics capabilities, to enable both analysts and stakeholders to better self-serve their data needs.
- You’ll be joining on the ground floor of a high growth startup with huge potential for growth and advancement.
- Design, develop, test, implement, and support an analytical data infrastructure
- Be responsible for the full life cycle of development, from requirements gathering through ETL coding and report/dashboard design and creation
- Own analysis of brand launches, product releases, and KPIs
- Drive a deeper understanding of the business through exploratory analyses
- Build new tools to enable greater self-sufficiency among analysts and stakeholders
- Uncover trends and insights to drive future growth opportunities
- Strong understanding of data processing architecture and infrastructure.
- Strong SQL skills and proficiency in at least one programming language; proficiency in R or Python a plus
- Bonus: Experience / opinions on infrastructure as code solutions (terraform, cloudformation, etc)
- Experience within the AWS ecosystem, RDS, Lambdas, Redshift, etc
- Experience with Snowflake or another equivalent Data Warehousing tool
- Experience with DBT
- Experience developing hypotheses and communicating insights
Some Benefits include:
- Free company products every month
Job Title: Senior Frontend Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
As an engineer at Pangaea, you will be responsible for a wide range of features ranging from:
- Use industry leading frameworks (React, NextJS, ChakraUI) to build e-commerce websites
- Develop and enforce frontend coding standards across new codebases
- Plan and integrate various tracking tools (segment, amplitude, optimizely) for codebases
- Build re-usable components and contribute to the formation of our design system
- Develop new workflows to optimize internationalization of sites
- Design and implement high priority customer features
- Strong mastery over ReactJS and state management in React through Redux or similar tools
- Strong command of asynchronous programming
- Strong proficiency with responsive design and media
- Experience with Frontend Testing
- Collaborate in a fast-paced, team environment to push a lot of code.
- Familiar and comfortable with TypeScript
- Proficient in backend coding, you feel comfortable updating a data model or creating a db table.
- Free company products monthly.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Remote)
- Work with engineering teams to develop and execute a QA strategy for the launch of new features and ensuring existing functionality works.
- Advise and Implement test automation to eliminate manual QA processes.
- Coordinate with the Product Owners and Tech Leads for testing plans and releases of larger features.
- 2+ years of experience in a QA Engineer role
- Experience with test automation and best practice tools.
- Experience working in a fast moving startup environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Selenium, Cypress, Cucumber or TDD