GTI Microfinance Bank – We are an innovative, trusted partner in the provision of cutting-edge investment banking services. Our broad range of service offerings comprises of Securities Dealing, Asset Management, Trusteeship, Corporate Finance, Private Equity, and Micro banking. Since 1998, we have actively HandHeld our highly diversified client base – Corporations, Financial Institutions, Governments, and Individuals to a financially secure future. We are present in several cities including the city of London.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Marina, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure compliance on report rendition to regulatory bodies.
- Ensure compliance to the bank rules, policies, and regulations.
- Reconciliation of correspondent bank accounts to ensure transactions are not outstanding beyond 2 weeks and bringing the exercise up to date.
- Review of the statutory returns to regulatory authorities and government agencies to ensure accuracy and timely rendition.
- Customers’ visitation for random deposit verification.
- Review the accuracy and reliability of financial transaction records – cash deposits, cash withdrawals, treasury bills investments, fixed deposits, and funds transfer.
- Review accounting records to ensure proper and compliance with company’s extant policies.
- Review and recommend changes to some of the company’s policies to ensure adequate control.
- Conduct cash-counts of vaults.
- Reviewed customers’ account opening documents for compliance with Know Your Customer
- Engage in loan recovery and reconcile customers’ loan accounts for closure.
- Involve in the thorough review of the bank’s accounting software for efficiency.
- Investigate and report staff frauds.
- Review credit or loan files for compliance.
- (“KYC”) policy and anti-money laundering requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s policies and conduct daily, weekly, and monthly General Ledger (GL) review for reconciliation.
- Review expenses & payments.
- Handle customer complaints (Fraud, disservice, etc).
- Conduct sweep exercise and spot check on tellers and account officers.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 3 – 7 years work experience.
Deadline: 26th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.