Coscharis Group is a wholly-owned Nigerian Conglomerate with businesses and interests that span across various sectors of the Nigerian economy: Automobile, Medical, Foods & Beverages, Information Technology, Engineering, and Agriculture. With globally respected partners and an iconic brand portfolio, Coscharis has continued to be a considerable contributor to Nigeria’s economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Loan Recovery Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Loan Recovery Officer to be responsible for collecting bad debt including written-off loans and loans overdue more specified days with compliance with acceptable common practices aligned with legal framework requirement.
- Engage and approach all district branch managers and provincial branch manager to discuss and explore practical technique and strategies to incorporate into the plan.
- Seek ways to continuously improve performance and productivity on the job.
- Work closely with the Credit and Recovery Manager, Regional Manager and Branch Manager to identify root cause of loan delinquency, operational weaknesses and recommend changes to improve the quality of the portfolio.
- Identify and assess a recovery likelihood of loan write off clients, rating Low, Medium, or High.
- Coordinate with loan officer to identify loan write off clients and classify them into four different categories according to combination of their willingness to pay and capacity to pay.
- Formulate plan of detail actions of written off loans from previous and current years.
- Set out the detail actions and target of loan write off recoveries down to all the concerned client service officers.
- Work closely with Branch Manager (BM) and Loan Officer (LO) to execute recovery techniques and strategies including, loan write off mapping, regular home visit and chasing, and collecting.
- Try to get all the loan write off clients to have commitments with and to get them to follow their pledge.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- University Degree from any related field is preferred.
- 2 years and above experience in microfinance operations directly dealing with delinquent clients and other problem-solving situations.
- Must be very organized in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- High self-motivation with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to motivate and persuade others, particularly delinquent clients to repay debt.
- Abilities to communicate with local authorities and legal / court members in an articulate and professional manner.
- Demonstrate high level of ethical commitment and trustworthiness.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have good computer literacy and email.
- Must be fluent in the English language (both written and spoken).
- Must have the ability to make fair and ethical decisions in tough circumstances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st July, 2021.