Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Site Setup & Mobilization:
- To select and layout the site camp, plant and ensure HSE guidelines.
- To ensure the site follows all statutory guidelines and its layout is efficient & safe.
- To work out the requirement of manpower, material, machinery in consultation with the planning and quality department for timely progressive mobilization of the site.
Field Investigation & Survey:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Supervise all site surveys and investigations personally for proper and correct reporting.
- Review all site investigation reports at site for any inconsistence and report the same for immediate corrective action to the design and drawings.
- Maintain all site investigation report in a proper manner to ensure effective reference during construction.
Organisation & Supervision of Work:
- Develop engineering assignment approaches and review with Engineering Department.
- To plan the daily work teams based on the Schedule & Methodology provide for the site work.
- Mobilise the site daily on time and give the toolbox talk.
- Organize field work and assign technicians and staff specialists to tasks.
- To ensure all necessary material and machinery is available for the day work.
- To ensure proper commencement of work by all teams.
- To provide timely relief of labour, materiel and machinery.
- To ensure breaktime and efficient use of resources with minimum wastage.
- Control project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor.
Project Management / Handling:
- Understand and implement project specifications effectively.
- Follow design consultants’ drawings and integrate in project.
- Execute whole project in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Provide full support as required by the Management and PMT.
- Coordinate with all projects related personnel (internal or external) on day-to-day progress of activities, procurement and operations to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Coordinate all material delivery, consumption, handling and assist in logistics, shipment and receipt at construction site.
- Support Project Manager and ensure timely addressing of project contractual deliverables.
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Assists in preparation and implementation of Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Plan all manpower, material and machinery deployment well in advance.
- Prepare the monthly and weekly schedules.
- Project all requirements for the site for the next 3 months every month.
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
Plant & Machinery Maintenance & Handling:
- Ensure the correct utilization of all plant and machinery (P & M), to safeguard against misuse.
- Ensure timely and proper maintenance of all P & M.
- Provide proper shutdown to all P & M to provide adequate time for Maintenance and avoid overuse and damage.
Project Review & Reporting:
- Attend the Weekly Progress Meetings (Internal as well as with Client) and assist in preparation of Minutes of Meetings.
- Prepare the Daily Progress Report and provide the same to the project manager and head office immediately on close of work.
- Update the strip plan and the prepare the weekly progress report every week.
- Ensure all inputs are provided to the planning department for the preparing Monthly Progress Report by the 2nd of the subsequent month.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends, recommending actions.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Holding regular meetings to ensure that everything is going according to time and budget restrictions.
Quality Assurance & Control:
- Analyse Test Results of Construction Materials – Make sure all the construction materials pass inspection and meet specifications.
- Carry out the necessary tests & inspections as per laid out schedule.
- Ensure tests are carried out properly and in the presence of required Consultant and Client staff.
- Ensure test results are signed off by the required representatives for proper billing.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Monitor compliance of applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Prepare and document design calculations under Principal Engineer’s directions.
- Ensure proper record of all site documents, test results, inspection reports and progress reports.
- Maintain all required statutory documents at site, ensure they are always properly displayed / readily available for reference and inspection.
- Always maintain all good for construction and working drawings.
- Maintain project data base by updating program software, entering and backing up data.
- Communicate on project progress, unusual concerns and plans to the management.
- Keep all doors of communication to the site staff, contractors, superiors and client always open.
- Ensure that mobile phones are always attended and in coverage. All mails are answered promptly.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Ensure Health, Environmental and Safety aspects are considered in all stages of project implementation.
- Periodic checks to be carried out encompassing site layout, operations, site works and logistics.
- Maintain all HSE documentation, posters and presentations.
- Carryout regular talks and training on all HSE aspects.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Do not start work before all safety precautions are in place.
- Making sure that all HSE and legal requirements are being met throughout the process of site actives.
- Performance reporting of site engineer, workers, drivers, operators, supervisors, contractors etc
- Prepare the unbiased weekly performance report of all staff for timely corrective measure and proper recognition.
- Provide timely guidance to site staff for proper effect utilization of resources and effective quality control.
- Monitor the site staff for proper performance appraisal and guidance.
- Inspect the work and analysis the suitable development of all staff and workers for efficient and productive utilization of the available manpower.
- Select and Negotiate with Contractor for the maximum productivity and benefit to the project.
- Prepare a proper schedule for each contractor to ensure project timelines.
- Inspect the contractor’s manpower, material and machinery for proper workability and safety.
- Ensure proper quality of the contractor’s work and efficient resource utilization.
- Issue timely work orders and notices to contractors as per required contractual guidelines.
Client & Consultant Relationship:
- Maintain harmonious and cordial relations with all consultant and client staff.
- Maintain all records and documents as per the directions of the consultants.
- Ensuring all procedures and calculations are submitted to the client for review and approval.
- Keep the consultant informed for timely inspection to avoid idling of resources.
- Always ensure that all instructions of the consultant and the client are followed meticulously.
- Interacting daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and implement them on the site.
- Respond to any client complaints, concerns or requests promptly throughout the project duration.
Branding at Site:
- Maintain the site in a proper manner to highlight the brand of the company.
- Always keep all site personnel under check and all equipment in proper presentable condition to ensure no adverse impact to the name of the company.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Be aware of all projects ponderable to foresee any risk that may affect the project.
- Report and take corrective action to mitigate the risks.
QMS, EMS & QH&SMS Responsibilities
- Ensure the quality of their work.
- Willing to take up additional roles and responsibilities as and when required.
- Awareness, understanding and application of EMS and OHS policies on assigned jobs
- Awareness, understanding and application departmental /process EMS and OHS objectives.
- Awareness on all possible hazards from assigned tasks and risk associated with assigned task and its identification and relevant controls required.
- Operate in conformance with the requirements of the QMS; and
- Stop work in progress to make appropriate notifications when unsafe conditions exist or
- requirements are not being met.
- Proactive in ensuring the accomplishment of organizational goals along with self-development.
- Awareness on possible Environmental aspect from related activities, how it can impact the environment and relevant controls required.
- Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the EMS and OHS, including the benefits of improved performance and associated opportunities for improvement of the processes assigned
- Awareness of the implications of not conforming with SECRL EMS and OHS requirements including associated aspects and risks for the process assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field
- Minimum of 8 – years experience in Major Construction projects
Deadline: 12th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online