NIO Foundation is a startup non for profit organization setup with the sole purpose of proving assistance and information to children from under serving communities to ensure that their educational and career goals are met. We are made up of a team of like-minded individuals who are committed to our mission and believe that access to quality education is the single most important tool we have in rebuilding our nation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relation & Social Media Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose Of The Position
- The Candidate will oversee Social Media campaigns which include but are not limited to: research, campaign & content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting.
- The candidate will also create public relations opportunities for NIO relating to new projects, news and successes.
- Expert in SEO best practices and also responsible for managing the reputation of NIO.
Job Requirements / Responsibilities
- Planning PR campaigns, advertising and strategies.
- Work closely with the ED operations
- Create content and Post daily on all our social media platforms
- Write weekly reports for proper documentation
- Monitoring the public and media’s opinion of NIO
- Writing and editing leaflets, proposals, brochures, press releases, speeches, newsletters, websites and social media
- Research top NGO’s, competitors, and trends in the field
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience
- Monitor sites for customer service opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of the NIO
- Analyze and report social media actions on a monthly basis for successes and new opportunities
- Create engaging and professional visuals that reflect NIO and what we are about
- Representing the NIO at events such as press launches, news conferences, exhibitions, open days, fund raiser and sponsorship
- Developing good working relationships with the media
- Arranging for advertising or promotional films to be produced
- Public speaking at presentations, conferences, or radio and TV interviews
- Customize social media pages (ex. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube), develop supporting offline collateral, create original content, etc
- Manage social media team members’ (includes interns & volunteers) responsibilities, conduct team meetings, advise on projects, and motivate team members
- Continue to refine and define our social marketing process
- Other tasks as required by NIO.
- Bachelor Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field
- Experience in managing of Social Media and PR matters
- Computer Literate: Knowledge of compter MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Proven success with social media campaigns and PR management
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Knowledge and experience with common monitoring and reporting tools for Social Media and PR
- Experience handling a press conference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Responds well under pressure with strict time limit.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
- 0 – 3 years of experience
- Be happy, smile, and bring a positive attitude to work
- Willing to improve and attend trainings
- Ability to work as a team to create a solid branding message for NIO
- Ability to create and deliver press releases based on NIO’s achievements, new projects and news update
- A passion for staying current with social media trends and tools – including attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts.
Deadline: 20th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV & Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applicants should do well to also attach their Linkedin, Instagram and Facebook Handles.
Leave a Reply