Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Designer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, the successful candidate will ensure the overall efficiency and productivity of the team.
- In particular, he/she will overseeproduction processes by planning, coordinating, controlling, and leading the production team to achieve desired results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create designs and sketches by hand or CAD
- Handle consultationsand liaise with clients till the garment has been approved for production
- Manage and monitor team members to achieve daily production targets.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving production timelines.
- Stay abreast with industry trends and come up with fresh ideas to promote the brand
- Ensure that employees comply with workplace safety standards.
- Plan production meetings, production activities, daily and weekly team schedules, and machine maintenance schedules.
- Ensure fabric and materials for each production process meets the specification of the outfit to be made.
- Work closely with the quality control officer by supervising quality control processes and checking all outfits after production; check that designs, sizing, accessories, and finishing meets clients’ specifications and brand standards.
- Work closely with the team and oversee processes involving pattern making, cutting, sewing, finishing, quality control, fitting, and alteration.
- Identify skill gaps and recommend training where necessary.
- A Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Fashion Design or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the fashion industry (designing or production)
- Ability to create sketches and illustrations
- Vast knowledge in sewing/ production of female garments
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Effective time management skills
- Must havea fashion portfolio
- Available to resume as soon as possible.
N300,000 – N400,000 monthly.
Deadline: 17th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.