Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SMC Data Collector
Locations: Bauchi, Plateau, Nassarawa, Kogi, Kebbi and Sokoto
Job Type: Full Time
Timing of Consultancy: July – September 2021
Purpose / Scope of Assignment
- The purpose of this ToR is to engage research personnel that will carry out data collection, analysis and interpretation for EoC evaluation. Some personnel will train data collectors and oversee data collection process while other personnel will carry out the actual data collection using an electronic platform.
- The EoC evaluation will be conducted in 6 states where SMC is being implemented. The process will involve identification, selection and training of supervisors at a ToT and subsequently, data collectors in the states. The aim of the EoC evaluation is to assess SMC coverage and adherence of CDDs to treatment protocol immediately and not more than 5 days after each cycle of treatment. The findings will be analysed and any ward scoring less than 80% will be targeted for corrective measures in their area of poor performance for improvement in subsequent cycles.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Degree (B.Sc / HND) in Social Sciences and Health related discipline.
- One – Two years experience.
- Experience in conducting public health research, particularly data collection
- Experience in the use of modern technology in research – use of phone for data collection
- Ability to speak local language (Hausa etc)
- Familiarity with and respect for the tradition and culture of the locality
- Familiarity with terrain of the locality
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Ability to give attention to details
- Must not be a staff of Government at any level and in any Ministry/Parastatal/Agency.
- Must not be part of SMC personnel in whatever capacity (National, State, LGA, HFW, CHW, TA or LM)
- The data collectors will be responsible for administering the questionnaire at household level according to the data collection protocol.
- They will undergo a 2- day training on SMC, data collection, protocol/methodology, data collection instrument, art of data collection, inter-personal communication and the use of electronic platform.
- The training will be facilitated by the team of trained supervisors.
Deadline: 14th July, 2021 (9:59 am)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should kindly send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and the preferred state as the subject title of your email application. e.g SMC Data Collector – Kogi.
Click here to apply online
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- All application should be sent in on or before 9:59 am Monday, 14th July, 2021.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above email address.