APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Yard & Berth Strategist
We are looking for:
- High School Diploma plus a College Degree in Logistics, Operations Management, or related discipline.
- 3 years of previous experience in the port execution operations or planning
- 5 years of previous leadership experience involving on the planning or administrative sector managing large amount of workers
- Good knowledge of vessel & yard planning. Overall knowledge of terminal operation
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English and the local language.
- Has familiarity with the strict implementation of procedure, process and best practices in planning command centre, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Requires good interpersonal skills to interact across section of the company’s departments, at all levels, and with customers.
- Lean Knowledge
- Problem Solver mindset.
- Build effective teams
- Conflict Management
- Manage, motivate and instruct planning team members
- Manage and maintain Berth plan and prospects by coordinating shipping lines.
- Maintain berthing window commitments and communications.
- Lead berthing lineup discussions and communication.
- Plan vessels based on cargo availability and distribution.
- Plan number of cranes and gang to utilize as agreed in window commitments.
- Manage and maintain all berthing communications and track records.
- Adapt and maintain the yard strategy to the current cargo flow on a daily basis
- Develop a strategy for effective yard usage by building an algorithm around the following parameters:
- Segregation / Grouping criteria – How will the containers be stored
- Location criteria – Where will the containers be stored
- Analyse and match the cargo flow to the reserved location
- Ensure that the yard strategy is balanced so as to avoid any equipment clashes between any Points of Work
- Analyze cargo flow parameters like age, build up, load out etc. and account these in the proposed yard strategy
- Discuss the strategy with the supervisors and ensure that their teams religiously follow it
- Track the changes in yard operations post the implementation of strategy and take corrective actions if necessary
- Regularly discuss with the Planning staff and identify areas which can be improved. Prioritize these areas in consultation with the Planning Manager & the Planning Superintendent and recommend solutions to address the same
- Ensure every recommendation is justified with sufficient & relevant data
- Align with berthing prospect and prepare a yard proforma similar to the vessel proforma
- Ensure any strategy proposed considers the following:
- Adherence to the Proforma
- Optimization of yard turnaround
- Optimization of equipment allocation
- Ensure 100%-yard integrity in TOS and Yard designs maintained as physical yard
- Ensure Zero yard stow warnings and follow-up to correct with yard planner.
- Training and coaching to Yard planner skill by conducting required trainings.
- Ensure IMDG segregation in yard and validate on daily basis
- TOS enhancement and improvement. Lead as TOS expert in operation.
- Ensure that the Best practices in SPARCS usage are always followed and offer assistance in system testing scenarios
- Attend customer issues and claims related to yard handling and storages
- Maintain cleanliness of the office.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by superior to improve terminal efficiency and performance.
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
Deadline: 18th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online