GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Manager
Job ID: R3570068
Job Description Summary
- Provide leadership and collaboration with the project management team on proactively identifying and mitigating risk at the project execution stage.
- Lead the analysis and management of the execution of commercial and contractual issues with customers, partners and on-site major subcontractors to maximize financial and operational performance, minimize risks and share lessons learned.
- To accomplish same, the Contract Manager will work with the Commercial and Project Management in executing on the below essential responsibilities on English and french contracts.
- Contribute to key tenders in accordance with applicable policies to support, guide and challenge sales, tender, bid and project teams on defined contractual and commercial matters to ensure that all contracts are concluded with the aim to optimize the contract related risks and opportunities during execution.
- Effectively execute on Change Order management.
- Preserve GE Grid Solutions’ rights and entitlements as provided in the contract.
- Ensure notices are given in line with contract requirements.
- Identify customer/consortium and other third-party obligations; develop and implement the project contract commercial plan and project claim strategy.
- Establish and implement project specific commercial procedures regarding change order management, claims and dispute management and insurance recovery.
- Liaise with project planners to confirm that contract program and subcontract schedules are set up and kept up to date, to support project claim strategy.
- Support Sourcing in identifying flow-down requirements for subcontractors/suppliers to ensure there are no gaps between GE responsibilities and subcontractors/suppliers’ work and work with Sourcing to develop, publish and negotiate construction subcontract packages.
- Manage the development and resolution of claims and disputes to/from customers, consortium partners and subcontractors.
- Liaison with Legal when claims and disputes cannot be finalized amicably to work through legal options and working with outside expert consultants and counsel to facilitate resolution.
- Report on project claims and Change Orders, as well as potentially critical contract issues to management and, as required, to project control, finance and audit staff.
- Ensure compliance in approval of variation orders, amendments and settlements in accordance with the applicable delegation of authority.
- English and french perfect level are required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: