SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer – M / F
Reference ID: 2021-19811
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Contractual Hours: Full time
Employee Status: Employee
- SPIE Oil & Gas Nigeria is currently looking for a Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer to join its work force in Nigeria.
Based in Port Harcourt, the main purpose of the job is:
- Deliver theoretical and OJT programmes for electrical & instruments technicians, supervisors, specialists and graduate engineers to enable a common high level of competence.
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance of the E&I Engineering and Maintenance Team Competence assurance system across the Spie business in all assets.
- Support line managers in identifying needs and ensuring these needs are met in a consistent and cost effective manner.
Principal responsibilities shall include:
- Deliver theoretical and OJT programmes for electrical & instruments technicians, supervisors, specialists and graduate engineers.
- Liaise with equipment vendors and any additional specialist instrumentation suppliers to ensure that teaching materials support the knowledge required for a trainee to develop satisfactory workplace competence.
- Conduct instrument and control overview training program for production personnel and others requiring a basic presentation on the plants operational control features.
- Design appropriate courses for the trainees and to schedule their release to the operational plant to enable them to quickly develop and utilize their new skills on the job.
- Conduct refresher training courses and additional remedial program if requested.
- Develop and prepare all course teaching materials and visual aids liaising as required with the Recruitment Team. This will also include any course reference materials and/or student workbooks.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy of all individual training records and to provide accurate reports as and when required.
- Provide the client with detailed student progress reports containing the
assessment, level of competence, attendance and behaviors of the trainees.
- You have extensive experience working in the Oil & Gas Services industry as an Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer.
- Good knowledge & usage of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 10 years or more.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online