Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid. Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small instalments using their mobile phones.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Titles: Assistant Accountant and Finance Intern
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The job profiles and tasks are equal, but since Lumos is a responsible and employer of choice in the Solar space, we also want to give the opportunity to a starter, to apply and have the first working experience with an amazing employee culture and enabling environment.
General Job Profile
As an Assistant Accountant / Intern, a typical day might include the following:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. This will help management to make the right decisions for the business to grow.
- Checking and verifying correct movement of stock in the ERP
- Review and ensure Withholding Tax (WHT) are deducted correctly from Vendor Invoices and subsequently remitted promptly to the respective tax authority (FIRS and LIRS) accordingly.
- Assist with preparing monthly/quarterly financial analysis packets for management
- Assist with financial modelling and support the business by reviewing cost and sales price calculations
- Provide general accounting support
- Preparing and verifying payment instructions
- Checking vendor invoices against goods delivery notes and approval for rendered services
- Reconciling bank balances to ensure effective control over the financial information
- Preparing and checking of sales orders
- Help with accounts receivable management
- Provide support for the annual budgeting process
- Present data-driven recommendations to the finance team
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Carry out all other duties as delegated by Senior Officer.
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- A BSc Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Highly motivated Assistant Accountants (up to two years prior experience) and
- Interns (no work experience but completed NYSC) to strengthen the finance department.
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Accounting software.
- ICAN and ACCA certifications is an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures.
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations.
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail.
- High integrity and can keep confidential information.
- The salary package will differ based on your experience.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: As part of the application process, your Excel skills will be tested. The Excel test will include functions such as Vlookup, Sumif, Countif and the use of Pivottables.