Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Admin Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Management, Accounting and Administration
Job Nature: Resident
- The function of this HR Manager role is to shape the performance and development systems for all employees, designing and supporting the company talent frameworks including performance management, succession planning and workforce/human resource planning whilst guiding and managing Human Resources services for the Company.
- The HR Manager will lead all HR’s practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented high performance culture emphasizing quality, productivity, goal attainment and empowerment and is responsible for the development of processes and reporting metrics that support the achievement of the Company’s business goals as well as acting as talent expert across the Company.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director, and working closely with colleagues to ensure all HR duties are undertaken in accordance with employment law, company policy and ensuring any risk to the business is minimized.
- The HR Manager will be a highly confidential individual who will be able to give a clear picture with full understanding of how various departments are running at all levels. The HR Manager will use effective people skills to ensure good relationships with all employees and external contacts at all times.
- The HR Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the HR planning of the departments and will produce accurate HR reports on a monthly basis in order to provide accurate information to the Managing Director.
- Working both in and out of the office, the HR Manager will be expected to keep up with paperwork and meticulous diary-keeping to manage all workloads associated with the HR department, and live the organization’s values at all times.
- As a representative of Amaiden Energy, the HR Manager must be smart, positive, personable and well-presented. Will bring expertise in talent management, be passionate and driven to deliver exceptional results, demonstrate learning agility, whilst being skilled at communicating with and influencing employees and business leaders at all levels in the organization.
- Develop and implement the HR and People strategies aligned to the business objectives.
- Support and advice the management team on all people leadership matters, including business change and transformation.
- Forming strong relationships with the management team to be able to challenge and advice in a high-performance environment.
- Partner the management team to project manage organizational and procedural changes within the business area.
- Be responsible for all HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, mentoring, training and development, talent management, succession planning, driving performance appraisals and any other HR related issues).
- Lead the work to regularly review the company’s talent management processes within the business areas, including performance/potential management, resource planning and succession planning.
- Coordinate the Admin/HR unit.
- Delegate work to staff and manage their workload and output
- Organizing the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
- Oversee general office management; rent electricity, phone bills, utility.
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs
- Formulates current and long-range programs, plans, and policies.
- Organize management and general meetings
- Oversee the organization’s information technology (IT) and phone systems
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Development of personnel policies and processes.
- Supervises the revision of rules, regulations, and procedures to meet changes in law and policy.
- Coordinates recruitment and selection process.
- Coordinates on boarding process
- Develop job analysis and job descriptions
- Issues employment letters
- Collates and analyses employee performance appraisals
- Responsible for progressive discipline.
- Ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
- Identifies staff development and training needs, draws up training budget and ensures that training is obtained.
- Responsible for personnel merit award system
- Oversees leave administration
- Oversees end of year activities (party and gifts distribution)
- Develop and implement a yearly human resources plan including staff engagement programs.
- Promotes workplace safety.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on employee compensation, pay and benefits systems
- Understands the Nigerian labor laws.
- Manages the HRIS
- Monitoring personnel health insurance coverage.
Educational Qualification & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources or a related field from any recognized Nigerian or internationally accredited university or college, with at least 5 years active working experience of professional experience in relevant field.
- Possession of a master’s degree is an added advantage
- Professional Certification (CIPM, PHR, CIPD, etc) in administration and human resources
Key Competencies and Skills (Technical)
- Competent with MS Office tools
- Knowledge of employee policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of administrative management including organization, planning, staffing, training, budgeting, and reporting.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of financial management.
- Knowledge of training and supervisory techniques.
- Skills in maintaining accounting or book keeping records.
- Knowledge of book keeping practices and principles
- Knowledge of basic business math.
- Knowledge of official planning and management.
- Knowledge of labor relations.
Key Competencies and Skills (Non-Technical):
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse multi-cultural team
- Must be self-motivated and possess a desire to take on tasks with limited information to obtain and analyze facts and precedents in making administrative decisions.
- Ability to motivate, instruct, direct, and evaluate employees.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate program and administrative activities of a complex, interrelated and Interdependent nature.
- Ability to establish and maintain effect relationships with government officials, private industry officials, professional personnel, and others.
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
The HR Manager must have:
- A proven track record of leading the delivery of HR functions to a high standard.
- A proven track record as a HR generalist.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law.
- The ability to originate and lead organizational strategies in HR.
- Experience in developing HR policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Ability to write (as necessary), plan and direct the development and maintenance of training programs for all levels of staff.
- Knowledge and experience of introducing new ideas to improve employee engagement.
- Ability to write and deliver creative, imaginative presentations to colleagues at all levels.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candiddates should:
Click here to apply online