The Governing Council of the Federal College of Education, Obudu, Cross River State, invites applications from qualified candidates for appointment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Obudu, Cross River
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 4 years with possibility of re-appointment
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College, and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the College was established. Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College;
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College; CA member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructure and academic matters and ensuring that the decisions of the Council are carried out promptly.
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Council’s decisions / directives under sound financial discipline and management.
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council and its Committees are serviced; and
- A person to foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.
- The candidate should possess Doctorate Degree from any recognized University in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College;
- The Candidate must not be above the age of fifty-nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment;
- The Candidate must possess minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience in any institution of higher learning; and in addition must have held a senior teaching/research and top administrative post(s) in any institution of higher learning as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources;
- He/She should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education;
- The possession of a professional teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria
- Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), in addition, registration as a Professional Teacher with TRONIS MANDATORY,
- The Candidate must show evidence of good track record in result oriented researches reaching high National and International status in their research achievements, as evident in scholarly publications;
- The Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer in the College of Education Sector with at least five (5) years cognate experience.
- The Candidate must be of good conduct and character, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College.
- He/She must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests;
- The Candidate must be proficient in ICT packages and capacities;
- Must have evidence of Community Service; and
- The Candidate must be a person of vision, goal setter, who can produce and execute a strategic plan for the College.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a tenure of four (4) years in the first instance. The appointee may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provost of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit (20) copies of of their Applications with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of their credentials and other supporting documents including a two paged vision and mission statements for the College in the next four (4) years and forwarded by courier or hand delivery to:
Federal College of Education,
Obudu, Cross River State.
CV should include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined;
- Marital Status and Number of Children, indicating the age of each;
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin:
- Current Postal Address and Permanent home Address:
- Email address and phone number(s) (Whatsapp inclusive);
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic and professional qualifications and Distinctions with dates;
- Membership of Professional Associations / Bodies;
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence;
- Present Employer, Status and Salary;
- Extracurricular activities;
- Publications in Standard APA format (for Provost only); and
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the present Employer.
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above by courier or hand delivery before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for the interview.