ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quality Improvement Officer
Job No.: 495471
Location: Taraba, Nigeria
Work Type: Regular Full-Time
Reports to: State Epidemic Control Advisor
Categories: Technical/Clinical/Quality Improvement/Training
Start Date: October 2021
- Working under the supervision of the Epidemic Control Advisor (with technical guidance and direction of the Senior Quality Improvement and Innovation Advisor) for the RISE Project in Nigeria, the Quality Improvement (QI) Officer will drive the frontline implementation of Quality Improvement interventions in Taraba State, Nigeria.
- S/he will execute training, coaching, implementation and supportive supervisory activities for QI projects, and the evaluation of QI initiatives at state, local government and site level, liaising with partners and local organizations.
The State Quality Improvement Officer will:
- Be responsible for day-to-day implementation, monitoring and evaluation of QI initiatives in RISE-supported sites through active collaboration with the designated focal persons in the Taraba State Project Implementation Team (SPIU).
- Support site level QI assessments, projects and collaboratives like SIMS, Mortality Reviews, Waiting time analyses and patient satisfaction surveys.
- Routinely attend and provide appropriate technical leadership in program meetings, executing resolutions within her/his purview.
- Track availability and routine use of QI related tools and charts in supported facilities.
- Work closely with the State Ministry of Health, SPIU team and other relevant Stakeholders to strengthen State capacity for high impact Quality Improvement, Supportive Supervision and Training as well as Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) strategies.
- Carry out any other QI-related tasks as may be assigned by the State Epidemic Control Advisor and the Senior Quality Improvement and Innovation Advisor.
- Deliver face-to-face and virtual trainings and workshops sessions, on site QI coaching and contribute to evaluating training sessions, workshops, webinars, and other training projects.
- Establish structures for delivering QI activities at facility and state level; including QI management systems, QI teams, QI meetings, QI champions and QI dashboards or bulletins for relevant audiences.
- Coach facility QI teams to institutionalize and routinely update paper and digital dashboards to visualize outputs and outcomes of QI projects initiated to optimize program performance.
- An advanced university Degree (MBBS, RN, MPH) in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or related field.
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and demonstrated expertise in the implementation of relevant HIV and QI program activities
- Experience participating in quality improvement projects using the Model for Improvement or similar methods is preferred.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR and Government of Nigeria standards for QI in HIV programs.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel are required.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills; and ability to interact professionally in English.
- Travel within assigned state supporting capacity building, building facility QI systems, stakeholder relationship management and implementing QI activities.
Deadline: 7th September, 2021; W. Central Africa Standard Time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online