The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Intern – Female Internship Programme
Requisition ID: 148081
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Internship
Category: Supply Chain
Duration: 8 months
- The purpose of this female internship programme is to build the WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements.
- The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability through providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Support in the administration of wholesalers/retailers contracts (maintain a contracts tracking database) and monitor/track retailers performances in coordination with other SC – CBT staff and partners based on well-established key performance indicators;
- Support in the coordination of food quality control activities, and mobile point of sales (mPOS) equipment management;
- Support in the reconciliations of wholesalers/retailers transactions data, verify and process retailers invoices, and process payment requests;
- Support in information gathering that will give clear direction in the drafting of documents and preparing reports;
- Support in the revision and proof-reading of official documents, in order to ensure accuracy of all Retailer/vendor documentation;
- Interface between retailers and the IT/SCOPE unit in the maintenance of all IT related equipment;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supply Chain unit.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Have recently graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain and Logistics or related disciplines;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluent in English and local language (Hausa or Kanuri)
- Customer-oriented approach with fast response time to queries from clients and good communication skills.
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations or Humanitarian Sector; Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Knowledge of data analytics and tools will be of added advantage.
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- Must be a Female.
Terms and Conditions:
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
Deadline: 11th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian Nationals and or candidates who have valid Nigerian residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited.
- Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.