Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) to make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Back End Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Department: Engineering – TPS
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
About the Role
- We are looking for a driven, passionate, and committed individual to join the team as we grow and expand across Africa and beyond.
- As a Back End Engineer, you are able to identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle of a product, manage and oversee projects for the company.
What your day to day activities will be:
- Effective utilization of C# or Java to develop effective user interfaces on our product applications
- Create innovative solutions to web design issues to help make the application more visually appealing and enhance its usability
- An understanding of the C# or Java framework and its accompanying stack
- Experience with building fully responsive web applications
- Working Knowledge with collaboration tools such as Git
- Ensure quick updates on our product applications to make them effective
- Integrate with the back-end systems and APIs
- Creating functional and intuitive applications and features.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from designing to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
Required competency and skillset to be a Waver:
- A good demonstration of object-oriented or functional analysis design skills
- Demonstrate a good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Coding creative, operational, or frontend software that helps the designated product build
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- An experienced executioner with at least 3 years of software engineering experience
- You must be very resourceful and comfortable working under short timelines and intense pressure to deliver in seemingly impossible situations while remaining flexible, proactive, data-driven, and efficient
- Proficient understanding of Java or C# is essential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online