BestOfNaija is a media company that is dedicated to showcasing the positive aspects of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Blogger / Social Media Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- He/She is in charge of writing blog articles and representing the company across social channels as the sole voice of the brand. They will respond to comments, compile campaigns and create viral and value-added content.
- This expert will provide the guidance needed to enhance our online presence goals, build an email subscriber list, improve blog website traffic, and optimize brand awareness through social networks such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
We are looking for a Blogger/Social Media Manager that can:
- Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy.
- Attend educational trainings.
- Edit your own work with impeccable spelling and grammar.
- Work with copywriters and a designer to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Collaborate with social media influencers to grow our presence.
- Be aware of keyword placement and SEO practices.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Define and report on most important social media KPIs.
- Manage and oversee social media content and accounts.
- Measure the success of every social media campaign.
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Use social media marketing tools such as Hootsuite and Content Creator
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
- Promote our blog on social media and engage with our audience on social media channels.
- Create additional content (like photos, videos, or podcasts) to supplement the written content.
- Use basic editing and website software, including Google Drive, WordPress, and others.
- Manage and train interns in the team.
- Create budgets for your social media activities.
- Provide constructive feedback.
- Adhere to rules and brand guidelines.
- Report to Senior Management.
- Recruit and manage the social media marketing team for your organization.
- Manage change and adopt social media into your organizational culture
- Work with other branches of marketing in your company to integrate social media with all marketing.
- Write editorial content.
- Create and upload videos.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in social media marketing / PR
- Must have knowledge of and contacts in news and entertainment industry.
- Experience of developing strategies across social media and digital marketing areas.
- Experience in outreach, sales, grassroots, social media, digital PR, buzz building and building sustainable communities.
- You have to be a social media power user and have a proven background building a quality online following for a business.
- Experience using social media analytics tools and the ability to tweak marketing strategies based on findings.
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas.
- Ability to create cutting-edge social media and digital marketing content.
- Writing, blogging and proofreading ability.
- Experience with social advertising platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube
- Experience of managing website content.
Deadline: 17th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.