The Kwara State Polytechnic came into existence following the promulgation of Kwara State Edict No.4 of 1972 (now overtaken by the edict no.21 of 1984, edict no.13 of 1987, edict no.7 of 1994 and Law CAPSI2 no 4 of 2006), as body empowered by statute “to provide for studies, training, research and development of techniques in arts and Languages, applied sciences, engineering, management and commerce, education and as well as in other spheres of learning.
The Polytechnic formally commenced operation in January 1973 with an administrative machinery patterned closely after the existing universities in the country. The Polytechnic has as its Motto: Technology, Innovation and Service.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Ilorin, Kwara.
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the dayto-day administration and control of financial affairs of the Institution.
- As the Head of the Bursary Department, he plans, organises, directs and coordinates the financial system of the Polytechnic.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should be holders of good honours Degree in Accounting or Finance or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy from a recognized lnstitution of higher learning plus a minimum of 17 years post qualification cognate experience with relevant Professional Accounting qualifications i.e., Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN).
- The Candidate must have served as Chief Accountant in a related institution of higher learning for at least 5 years and must have adequate knowledge of Information Communication Technology.
- Successful candidate must not be older than 55 years old at the point of appointment.
Deadline: 3rd November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) copies of their type-written application letters and Curriculum Vitae, giving the following information:
- Full names (Surname underlined)
- Age, stating date and place of birth
- Marital Status stating number of children and ages
- Name and address of Next of Kin
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area / Senatorial District
- GSM / Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications and distinctions
- Member of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience (in chronological sequence)
- Present employment status and salary
- Exra-curricular activities
- Publications (in standard form)
- Names and address of three (3) referees
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the post of Bursar” at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
Kwara State Polytechnic,
P.M. B. 1375, Ilorin,
- Only the applications of candidates short-listed for interview will be acknowledged.
- Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the address above.