Dreams by DV8 Hotel is a luxury hotel located in premier city of Surulere Lagos. “To treat a stranger as one of our own” characterizes the hospitality one can expect from Dreams By DV8 Hotel. Discerning members will enjoy world-class service amidst tranquil surroundings, coupled with contemporary architecture and design.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Chef to join our team and prepare delicious, sumptuous state-of-the-art meals for our distinguished guests..
- Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus, and preparing high-quality dishes.
- You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations.
- If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you.
- Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 5 – 8 years relevant work experience.
- Proven work experience as a Chef or cook
- A Culinary School Diploma is strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking, and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- State-of-the-art previous chef role is preferred.
- Prepare meals for our guests in a timely manner
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Monitor/Regulate kitchen stock and necessary requisitions
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests
- Setting up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and food scales
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
Deadline: 4th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and clear pictures to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.