APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Science Lead
Req ID: api-15884
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Strategic Information
- The Data Analyst Lead is digitally savvy. Seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies.
- S/He can easily adapt to new tools, trends and has a talent for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets, with experience in providing impactful data insights and steering effective user acquisition and retention strategies.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to synthesize valuable insights from raw data, and the communication skills to effectively disseminate information across the team and organization.
- S/He has the capabilities to give meaning to data and enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. The Data Analyst Lead reports to the Project Director.
- You have the ability to code in SQL, SAS, Python. Proficiency in Alteryx and Tableau is an asset. You have advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design architecture, deploy and maintain supporting infrastructure for HIS
- Automate the deployment, administration and operations of the infrastructure and analytic platforms
- Build and maintain monitoring, log aggregation, and reporting on infrastructure performance, application performance, and user behavior
- Build and maintain standard authentication and access patterns for integrations within the project’s broader data/technology ecosystem
- Partner with the other project teams to maintain and support application licensing and software distribution
- Provide analytics tools and platforms subject matter expertise to staff/team
- Develop and implement methods for educating at scale
- Provide ad-hoc support of various growth initiatives including qualitative research, survey design, web development, and more.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality;
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets;
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree with a minimum of 6 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to code in SQL, SAS, Python.
- Proficiency in Alteryx and Tableau is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
Deadline: 22nd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online