APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Evaluation & Surveys Advisor
Req ID: api-29463
Department: Strategic Information
- PHIS3 seeks an Evaluation & Surveys Advisor to lead its Research, Evaluation, and Grant Writing activities. Activities will include improving and/or expanding the surveillance data collected and also ensuring that relatively new data sources such as Electronic Medical Records and Laboratory Information Management Systems are utilized as appropriate for Surveillance. The Technical Advisor, Evaluations, and Surveys will Lead the evaluation team, providing technical oversight, direction, and quality assurance on multiple complex Research and Evaluations. He/She will provide technical oversight for any Large Surveys.
- The successful candidate will work to ensure the systematic assessment and documentation of the design, implementation and results of any initiative for the purposes of learning or decision-making of national health information systems to generate high-quality surveillance data and decision-making. S/He will coordinate and liaise with government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, CDC and other stakeholders to build capacity in Evaluations and Large Surveys. The Evaluation & Surveys Advisor reports directly to the Monitoring, Evaluation & Surveillance Lead-in activity implementation and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the evaluation team, providing technical oversight, direction, and quality assurance on multiple complex simultaneous projects.
- Oversees the technical design and implementation of evaluations, including evaluation designs, scoping trips, sampling strategies, developing instruments, overseeing data collection, designing and carrying out mixed methods analysis (econometrics, qualitative, etc.), and disseminating results through written reports, peer-reviewed journal article publication, and conference presentations.
- Supports the growth and development of Cloudburst’s evaluation staff, providing guidance, mentoring, direction and troubleshooting issues on projects.
- Advanced capabilities in at least one statistical package (STATA, R) and experience using several analytical software packages, including qualitative analytical software packages such as NVIVO or Atlas. ti.
- Design and implement performance monitoring and Continuous Quality Improvement activities needed to ensure that Evaluation and Survey activities are on track and adhere to donor and GON Requirements.
- Work with other unit leads in the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Surveillance Directorate to ensure that relevant Publications, Technical reports, and documentation are technically relevant and are disseminated appropriately
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to government counterparts and key stakeholders on Evaluation and Surveys.
- Work with the Surveillance and Implementation science unit in the development of Data governance documents (SOPs, Policies, and technical guides) for Surveillance and Surveys.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- MBBS, MPH, Masters of Science in Epidemiology and/or Statistics and other relevant areas.
- 5 years of experience implementing public health programs with at least 3 years experience in Surveillance.
- At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in the implementation of strategies or methods
- At least 2 years of experience working in developing countries
- Experience working on a team in a developing country to create interoperability among information systems, including the use of unique patient identifiers across systems, is desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
Deadline: 22nd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online