Life and Peace Development Organization (LAPDO) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization focused on enhancing processes towards the provision of quality life and peace for sustainable development. LAPDO as an organization involved in the social and economic advancement of Nigerians with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 27548. The organization’s scope covers health, environmental issues including climate change & WASH, agriculture and governance. At the heart of this vision is transformation of the lives of people and empowering them for a brighter future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
Location: Akure, Ondo
Employment Type: Full-time
- To further strengthen service delivery as well as improve reporting, LAPDO is recruiting an experienced professional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator to improve documentation and reporting quality that meets the M&E standards of an upcoming donor project.
- This position requires a qualified M&E Coordinator with cognate experience in NGO sector and with strong grasp of all stages of project cycle management and quality standards in governance and reform programming.
- The MEAL Coordinator will be responsible for the design and implementation of the Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEL) framework for the USAID SCALE project and contribute to strengthening of LAPDO’s accountability framework.
- He/she will ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of the SCALE project activities ensuring that results are used to continually inform and improve project delivery and design. He/she will have overall responsibility for the accurate collection and analysis of M&E data, for dissemination of project results, challenges and recommendations. This will include ensuring learning is effectively captured and continually used to support programme quality and innovation.
- In addition, the MEAL Coordinator will further develop the necessary tools and processes to ensure effective stakeholders’ engagement and accountability is mainstreamed into all project activities. He/she will lead on strengthening existing feedback and accountability mechanisms to ensure the opinions of beneficiaries, non-beneficiaries and key stakeholders are used to continually improve programme quality and relevance. A key part of the role will be capacity building of M&E and programme staff to develop processes that ensure results are used to continually inform and improve project delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Agriculture, International Relations, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or any other field relevant to Development Assistance.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an NGO focused on either agriculture, governance or institutional reform
- Proven experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory) and developing and leading M&E processes
- Proven experience in data analysis and the production of quality reports and recommendations.
- Ability to lead and supervise staff.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Solid information analysis and report writing skills.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Advanced
- Web content design & development – Advanced
- Internet based collaboration tools and video calling – Intermediate
- Social Media – Intermediate
- Data Visualization – Advanced.
- IT knowledge: Proficient command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Excellent management skills with the ability to quickly re-prioritize activities to meet the demands of projects in a rapidly changing context;
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills, with the ability to lead teams to reach consensus on complex and/or divisive issues;
- Ability to proactively engage with diverse stakeholders, and problem solve;
- Highly organized with a logical approach to information management;
- Able and willing to work the required hours (with periods of long working days, when necessary) to meet the needs of the project.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong grasp of all stages of project cycle management and quality standards in governance and reform programming,
- Excellent report writing skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Project Manager and wider team, develop standard and project specific M&E plan for all project activities.
- Oversee the development of quality tools for all M&E activities, including templates for data collection and data entry and ensure clear systems and processes (including sampling plans) are in place and understood by field teams.
- Ensure routine project monitoring takes place on time and that results are analyzed and shared with relevant staff.
- Ensure timely development and delivery of all project reports. This may include weekly updates, monthly, quarterly and semester reports as may be requested by the Executive Director or the project funder.
- Promote and strengthen organizational understanding of the importance of M&E within the organization, ensuring buy-in and understanding of M&E’s role in informing and improving all stages of program design and implementation.
- Design and oversee roll-out of M&E trainings for LAPDO and her partners.
- Oversee the effective communication and use of monitoring data to improve current programming and inform innovation, including development of agreed recommendations to ensure continual improvements to the quality and appropriateness of all program activities. This will include facilitating and leading ‘Lessons Learned’ sessions.
- Working with the Executive Director and other staff, develop mechanisms to support beneficiary accountability including strengthened and standardized mechanisms for community feedback, complaints and communications.
- Oversee the effective communication and use of feedback/complaints data to improve current programming, including development of agreed recommendations to ensure continual improvements to the quality and appropriateness of all program activities.
- Make inputs into proposal development and project planning, identifying MEAL measures to be included and adequately budgeted / resourced.
- Ensure that learning is captured and shared effectively to improve project implementation/design and to inform programme development.
- Overall management of the MEAL team.
Deadline: 24th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “MEAL Coordinator” as the subject of the email.
Note: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.